The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone!i'm glad to have found this lupus site message board and have found all of you because you have all contributed in helping me on how to deal with my disease.i was diagnosed with sle and autoimmune hemolytic anemia since 2004 and i had no idea what this disease meant because where i was diagnosed was a foreign country for me and the doctors there didn't explain to me what i was dealing with until i came to a point where i almost died my family hospitalized me elsewhere and there they gave me blood transfusion and they explained to me about the disease and what medications i should take.i found out that i also have osteoporosis due to the medication that i was taking.
finding this website has helped me alot because now i know that i have another family here which i hope it will be you and i hope that i can offer help to others too.

i wish you all healthy days and pain free with lots of love and full of good deeds.:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Wild Orchid and :welcome:

It sounds like you had a frightening experience and it is good to know that you now have better care.

You are right that this message board is like a family. The support and advice available here is invaluable.

Look forward to hearing more from you soon, bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Wild Orchid and welcome to the site!

Your certainly have been through a very scarey period in your life.

Ask away with as many questions you like and hope to catch you in chat sometime soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you

thank you for your warm welcoming and the encouragement that you are giving me ..i;m really pleased to be part of this board where we all can share our problems and help each other out but ofcourse i'm not glad that we suffer from this disease:)

i wish they find therapy for us and that we should suffer no more.

be strong and hold on there is hope for all of us :thumbs:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It can be harder when you are sick and in a place so far away from home. We are here for all people but since lupus and related diseases are most misunderstood it is nice to have other people around you that understand. It is nice that you found us and that we have been able to offer you some form of comfort with this.

I hope you are doing well and feeling well these days.

·
Administrator
10,178 Posts
Welcome to the site Wild Orchid.

Yes it would be wonderful if the researchers would find something to wipe our symptoms away. I haven't given up hope yet. New things are being learned every day.

I hope you have a wonderful tomorrow.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi there,

Love the user name!!! Welcome to the best place on the net where you will find support, compassion, understanding and unbelievable knowledge from some folks who really know there stuff about Lupus....Nope, I am not one of those people as I am still learning everyday.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I hope to get to meet you and know you better. Come join us in the chat room sometime. We tend to have a blast in there.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Wild Orchid, welcome to the board.
I had hemolytic anemia about 8 years ago but was brought under control using IV iron treatments. Not sure for the origin of yours, but my bone marrow had quit producing adequate red cells. What has your hematologist said for your care? I was lucky that the IV iron was able to jumpstart my bone marrow into producing the red cells again.

Yes, this disease can be an unwelcome companion to our lives, but there is life in, with, and through lupus. What I have found works well for me is to not focus on the disease and what it does, but to look forward to the things I can do. I have to make the accommodations that lupus requires, but I am able to do a lot of things too. A lot of survival is in our attitude. Having a supportive team of doctors is very important too. Without them, we have a much harder job to survive lupus.
Sally

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forums Wild Orchid. You are among some of the most caring, knowledgeable people here, I am new myself. Your story sounds heart rendering, and very frightening, you have done well to cope with this, you must be very strong down deep inside.

Yes it would be wonderful if the professionals could come up with a magic pill to wipe away our disease, but Pink Pearl is an inspiration to me, some wise words indeed.

Welcome again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts