The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been MIA for a while. I went back to work full time. I now have a office position in quality resourses. We review patient charts to check for standards in treatment compliance and enter patient info into the computer. For those of you who dont know I was a part time hospital nurse.

My joints feel so much better! Even with the full time hours the fatigue is so much less. I am still figuring out my co-worker, she tells me our boss and her boss's positions are on the way out. That her position is going to be over this area in the future but then tells me not to say anything. Strange, but I wasnt born yesterday. So I have a little different stress but I will figure a way around it! I do like the job.

I have a dr app on wed. I am going to ask for a referal for the lap band. I loose weight then gain back for over 15 years now. I have had enough! I know a few people at work that have had it and they are doing pretty well. So wish me luck! Lisa

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Lisa,

As a "retired" RN (once your a nurse you are one for life), I must say CONGRATS:cheer2: !! I am quite familiar with your new position. Back in the day, LOL, I used to do what you are doing. As a supervisor I not only had my daily nursing duties, take patients, oversea everyone amd everything, make schedules, blah, blah, blah. Finally big brother figured out that we could only do so much, sooooo they created new positions and wow, what a change. Now, not only do I miss the nursing itself (**sniff sniff sob**) but I really do miss the chart checks and to be able to follow a patient from the beginning on thru their hospital stay. It was always great to see them get out of ICU and I absolutely loved to see those that needed rehab and then get to see them progress and go home. I know you enjoyed your job and the hands on care, but I know that you will also find this position very rewarding. To be able to see the patients progression, well there really aren't words that can correctly discribe how it will make you feel. You will get the tingles and goose bumps and that beaming pride smile.

Just remember to take the proper exercise breaks, such as standing up and stretching, etc. If you have problem with a computer screen, as far as the lights, be sure to ask for a screen protector. I am sure you know all the nifty tricks, just do not fal into a false sense of security f less stress, etc. There will be plenty and yes JHACO is still around (hahaha) so be prepared and always, wear comfortable shoes. You might want to check into compression socks as well. What the heck, look who I am telling, another nurse, hee hee.

Let us know about the lap band. I have often thought about it, but am a little leery. I don't do surgery well. I know I will be facing something with my right arm but I am crossing my fingers. Anyway, good luck, I know you will do great.

Nancy

still legally an RN in several states...refuse to give them up!! Worked to hard for it! Also be sure to grab as many drug rep pens as you can, of course I could always use some! ns

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Good Luck Lisa !
There's always somebody like that in every job isn't there. The main thing is you have got the job and are coping well and that must feel very good.
Good Luck with the lap band too.

Hugs
Clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts