The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are our new kittens, Sasha and Ellie. We adopted them a little over a month ago. Everyone in the family loves them and they keep me company during the day.

·
11,410 Posts
Jen,
They are so adorable!:)

You are right it is nice to have a pet around to keep a person company.

I got a feeling the two of them can get into all sorts of mischief. :wink2:

Thank you for posting a picture of them.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

Jen,

They are so adorable! I just got a puppy, to keep me company..so I understand, completely. :)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
aaawwwwww, what beautiful babies ! Kittens are so much fun. We have three cats so I have to be very strong with myself if I see kittens looking for a home

thanks for sharing

raglet

·
Registered
391 Posts
Your babies are gorgeous! I love kittens, too, and am especially fond of black and white ones.

Enjoy them!

Terri

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Ohhh... such cute kitties! I love them! Thanks for sharing such an adorable picture.

My two boys are getting old, one is 17 and the other is 7. Both act about 17! *lol*

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Aww, how cute they are! It's great to have pets.

Sandy - you kept that quiet, we need puppy pics!

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Jen,

Your kittens are cute... I am sure they will be good company for you , whenever you need comfort they will give it to you also... I know our dogs are like that and it is nice to know that animals love you with all your faults and they dont care... They still love you...no matter what...
I have a beagle and a golden retreiver...

Love Penny

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They are a lot of fun. They aren't too happy with me today as we had them start wearing collars and tags today. I'm hoping they will get use to them.

Take care everyone and thanks for sharing.

Jen

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sad News

I have very sad news, on Monday we had to put one of our two kittens Ellie down and she was only 4 months old. It turns out she had FIP which is a virus that many cats are carriers for but if the cat's immune system is faulty it is fatal.

Monday was an awful day :(, when we dropped her at the vet in the morning we were hopeful that she just need an antibiotic but I had a feeling that wasn't the case. We are all doing better now but her kitten sister Sasha is so lonely. She does seem to be doing better as the days go by however it is amazing how much it has changed her personality. She was the independent one and now wants to be right next to one of us all the time and especially at night.

We plan to get a companion for her at some point but not just yet.

I had no idea how attached you could get to a pet so quickly.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
:( I'm so sorry you lost one of your darling kittens. It's always a great sadness to lose one of those bright little lights that share our lives. I hope your surviving kitty gets a new "friend" soon. I know it's hard to jump back in and sometimes feels awkward. But we all need companionship, kitties included.

Hugs and condolences :sorry:,
Sunny

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
((((((((((((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry about your kitten - it is an awful feeling to have to lose one this way:(.

Give you other kitty lots of cuddles - good for you both:blush:

X C X

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss - it is tough to go through. My husband and I adopted kitties early in our marriage and one of ours had wet FIP as well and had to be put down. It scared me TO DEATH that the cat had infected the others too but they were fine & never got sick.

Attachments to our cute furry friends happens much faster than you can imagine... I hope you'll find yourself up to finding a new furry friend soon.

·
Jen
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maia,

Ellie had Wet FIP too and we are worried about Sasha getting it but she seems very healthy right now. From day one Sasha has always been healthier. You are the first person I've met who knows what Wet FIP is. It is good to hear that your other cats didn't get it and gives me a little relief for Sasha. The vet said lots of kittens are exposed to it or may even test positive but most never have symptoms.

Thanks to all for your support. Jen

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Jen

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty(((((hugs)))).I can only imagine how ahrd that would be.they do come part of the family very quickly in my house also.i have two cats that are from the same littter and look exactly alike.I do not know what i would do with out them:sad:.It is going to be very ahrd for the one that is left there with you so they say anyway.I do hope as hard as it is to get another kitty cat it would really help the one left there with you.

Tammy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Jenkay,

I can imagine how bad you must feel right now, however, know that what you did was the right thing to do. I know that doesn't make anything better, but hr would have been in such misery.

We have 3 cats in our home and when the kids are gone they usually follow me around all day. One is my cat and his name is Jubi and if I lost him, I am not sure what I would do. He senses when I am ill and normally lays beside me and doesn't lose site of me.

I hope things get better back into a normal schedule for you and for Sasha. You will know when the time is right to adopt another kitty, but until then, just wool and love little Miss Sasha up and well, basically spoil her. I am sure she deserves it.

Nancy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts