The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo to all im a new member today, i was diagnosed with lupas when my son whos now 2 yrs old had neo-natal lupas when he was born which he has now grown out off, im now under the hospital for my lupas but until now they have not precribed me nothing for the pain so its just a case of get on and bare with it at the moment on my own and the help from my husband and my kids.:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there I am also a new member today and trying to find my way around this site. I am a borderline case at the moment and have just taken some more blood tests (this time to check antibodies and dna).
sorry to hear you are feeling rough - can't understand why they have not given you something for the pain.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Angelscry and welcome :)

If I understand rightly, they diagnosed you with lupus and then sent you on your way with no follow up? no treatment? no referral to a rheumatologist? :mad:

That sounds very odd to me indeed. You need to see someone about the symptoms you are having and see what you can do to help relieve them. There are lots of treatment options though it can take a while to find which one suits you best. Can you ask your GP for a referral to a rheumatologist?

bye for now,
Katharine

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome: Angelscry i am the same as katharine why have you no medication
if they know that you have lupus did they not start you on palquiene or pain meds.Can you not get something from your own doctor as he must know that you will need pain relief of some kind.Keep us posted on how you go Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
janeukm

hi i'm new here you are all such a happy bunch you cheered me up very much,i have sle,ctd,raynauds,charlie horses,feeling sorry for myself until i found the happy club thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
hiya.. my names lena. i am 19 years old. i was diagnosed with s.l.e when i was 16 years old so i have had it for 3 years now. i dont really get alot of help either, i am on prednisolone 10mg (steroids) azathioprine 75mg, hydroxoclorine 200mg, D3 calcium tablets and iron medicine. i have only had one big flare up in them 3 years which was in my back constant pain i couldnt move, walk, stand. i was experiencing muscle spasms. i was in bed for a few months. apart from that i just get the usual... a little rash, swolen feet and fingers. i am under the hospital as well as my local doctor who visits me at home quite often. she has now put me on diazepam to help with the muscles in my back and tramadol pain killers 150mg for me to take when needed.if anybody with sle would like to talk to me it would be nice as i dont no anybody with the same illness as me. my email address is [email protected] i have msn aswell. x x x

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hello and welcome to all the newcomers on this thread. Some of you might like to start a thread of your own in Introduce Yourself in case you get lost in Angelcry's thread:)

Welcome Angelscry and all the others and I look forward to getting to know you. Hope to see you all posting again soon

Take care for now
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Welcome to all of you who are new....

It would be a good idea if you go back to introduce yourself and start a new thread and tell everyone about yourself... that way you would have your own thread....
Looking forward to getting to know all of you ...Welcome again...
This is a wonderfrul site with lots of information and a ton of people who are ready to give their support....

Love Penny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts