The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new to this site, i suffer from Lupus and my consultant is talking of taking me off steroids and putting me on immuno-suppressants, I would love to hear from anyone who has gone down this route and learn how it affected them, as I am worried about side effects etc, I have been diagnosed for the last 9yrs and I very sadly lost my mum to the disease. Any information will be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both for such quick responses it's great to know there are people to talk to! I go th the Louise Coote clinic at st thomas's but I'm worried about the side effects of azath also how much better will it make me feel what are the benefits, and whats the balance of catching all and sundri from my 6yr old and school or remaining on prednisolone, plus he said i would be on aza for life is this true? can i also ask is ther any help for husbands of sufferers out there mine feels very alone, he is a paramedic and always sees the darker side of life and is convinced i'm going to die at any moment!! even though i tell him i will outlive him:) but he feels so helpless , i can understand that ! he also says that he never sees an old person who has lupus ! going back to the aza has anyone lost their hair or gone on to develpoe cancer as is written in the side effects, this i guess makes me worried
carol x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts