TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone feel abit shy. first time ever done anything like this.
had a skin complaint for last 20years. been diognosed with jessners disease for last eight years. didnt know in run back to back with lupus consultant didnt really explain until last friday .
so pretty new to all this and very scared for what ive read about it .
like to chat with someone that is going through same thing because i suffer with anxiety and depression and have good days and bad days and feel my family suffering to.
michaela but everyone calls me kay for short.
been on plaquenil for past eight years of 400mg a day dosulepin of 125mg a day has any body else been proscribed with these tablets?
and the lupus has now effected my lumber in me back. its progressing and i am verry scared.

would like to chat with someone cheers kay.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Kay,

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you enjoy it here.

Have you managed to get into chat yet?

I've put a link here about jessner's disease - you probably know all about it already, but it might be interesting for the other readers. It was new information to me too, and interesting that it is thought to be a precursor to DLE in many patients, so explains the link with your lupus diagnosis.

http://www.emedicine.com/DERM/topic200.htm

Plaquenil is a medication almost all of us take here. It is the cornerstone treatment for lupus, helping both skin problems and joints, as well as helping prevent autoantibody production, lowering cholesterol and slightly thinning the blood. I take it and find it very helpful.

I don't take dosulepin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dosulepin_hydrochloride

In the past I've taken prozac for depression, but it helped a lot and at the moment I don't need it:blush:. A lot of people with lupus experience depression and anxiety. It is thought to be for some a symptom of the disease - caused by mild brain involvement, and for others a completely understandable reaction to the stress of living with an unpredictable chronic illness.

Are you taking anything for pain? It sounds like you might need something for your lower back pain.

Feel free to ask any questions you want. There are lots of helpful and frienly people here, and someone else has almost always experienced the same or simmilar problems to you at some point:hehe:

Take care,

X C X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Kay and welcome :)

I'm one of those who has never heard of jessner's disease but just wanted to say hello and welcome you here.

I have been taking plaquenil as my baseline med since I started treatment.

These boards are a great source of info, support and advice. Do remember though that many people who post on here are newly diagnosed, not yet diagnosed or the rarer, more seriously affected.

The boards are not representative of all lupus sufferers. Just saying that it is not because the consultant has just mentioned lupus that it should scare you necessarily. You are already on the best disease modifying med (plaquenil). It sounds like you may need to talk with your consultant a little further about the depression and anxiety as well as that back pain. Are you sure the back pain is down to the illness? Sometimes we blame everything on the disease and it can be from something else...

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Kay, Nice to meet you.

Ive just been diagnosed recently with SLE and am about to begin Plaquenil very soon. Am hoping it is as good as everyone says it is :)

Wishing you the best of health

1 - 4 of 4 Posts