The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, not sure I should be here, as not diagnosed yet. Been reading up on symptoms etc. and seem to fit some :( Wont get results until January 2010 at my next appt. I have butterfly rash on my face, also usual fatigue etc, but alslo have RA, and know some symptoms are the same. I alslo bruise really easily, and was told this can be a sign. I have permanant pain in my feet, also pain in hands, knees, shoulders etc. Thanks for reading my woes!!! Barbara :)

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Barbara and welcome to the site. It is a great place to find info and support. Jan 2010 is a long time to wait!!!! I assume that as you have RA you are being treated and are on meds? I would keep a symptom diary and take photos of any rashes to show the rheumy. Do you take meds for the pain? Maybe you could speak to the gp about some pain relief?

Take care

DEb

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the forum.:welcome:

I hope you get some answers at your next appointment.

X C X

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont know

Hi Deb, I am on MXT with tramadol and ibuprofen. Not doing anything so far though. Started on MXT in July when i was diagnosed with RA. So hoping to get sorted soon:)

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
welcome barbs
Im on mtx for rheumatoid aswell,along with few others.
great site this.
nice to meet u.
lv countrylass

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Hi Barbara,

Welcome:)

It does take some time for methotrexate to kick in. Do you get regular labs checked while being on it?

This site is full of caring members and good information.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, yes my bloods are checked every 2 weeks at present. Also had 2 cortizone injections, one in Sep and one this Monday. These dont seem to help either, I am sorry case!!! Take care x

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi I am suprised the steroid shots don't work, are they joint specific or systemic ones?
JUst wondered did you rest afterwards to give them the best chance to work? Maybe it wasn't a high enough dose for you, or you are doing too much. Either way, it can't be much fun.
Deb

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Deb, The steroid injection was just put into my bottom, not joint specific. No one said anything about resting afterwards, (not very good at giving any help really in dept) I work full time with 2 babies, so no chance to rest anyway!! I;ve told them theres no change so far, they dont say anythihg, or suggest anything, they know I work full time, and that I can only go to appts on Friday when i only have 1 child with me. I find it really hard to talk to anyone in rheumy, as it seems they cant be bothered, and when I asked about tests results was told that my ESR is high (36) which they said means inflamation is quite high, no surprise there then!!! I went for blood test yesterday (9th oct) and the nurse couldnt get blood, so have to return next Fri for another try. Feel like they expect everyone to be available all the time, and when you leave a msg they never get back to you, sorry feeling sorry for myself now!!! Take care

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
hi barbs

oh sorry u wasn't advised better to rest,though working and children wouldn't be easy.
bloods they could got doctor to try.do maybe try making small list points u want raised.
funny how the nurse,rheumy differ re 1 will say my esr erratic other says 37 not bad.
all best for next bloods try have hot drink beforehand may help.
lv countrylass

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.