TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H ya everyone
I wondered if you could give me some advice please I am in the middle of a flare but got a new pain in my back. Well it is an inch or so from my waist to the side, well nearer the side of my body more than my back. It is not there all of the time but when it strikes my word it is very painful and it is a cross between a spasm and someone pressing really hard on my flesh from the outside with mega mega pressure with a blunt instrument. I can't say that it is an internal pain say like tummy ache.

I started Cellcept on Monday and I taking pred and something or other to protect my stomach. So far my problems with it have not been that bad on the whole

I just wondered if anyone had this kind of pain as it is worrying me a bit as I have never had this before. Any advice or info would be really appreciated.

Hugs
Jules
XXX

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Jules could you have pulled a muscle as that is very easy to do.If you are in so much pain can you not phone your doctor.Or NHS direct if you are in the uk sorry can't be of more help Elisabeth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Elisabeth
Thanks for you reply, yes I am in the UK and never thought of NHS direct. Just call it brain fog lol I think to be honest with all the lack of info you loose faith in the medical profession due to the lack of info they give. Must admit when I have rang NHS Direct for my girls or hubby in the past they have been very good

Hugs
Jules
XXX

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Jules Did you phone NHS direct if you did how did you get on.I am going into chat if you want to pop in just now Elisabeth

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hiya Jules - agree with the others, if it's causing you concern give NHS direct a try, their nurses are fantastic, they were absolutely lovely with me on Thursday, so sympathetic and helpful. The kind of pain you're describing is similar to pain I've had in my arms - I get this weird feeling kind of like my flesh is trying to burst out of my skin, bleurgh! Hope you feel a bit better soon.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Jules, did you phone NHS Direct? Please let us know how you got on.

Sending gentle hugs and kisses

·
Registered
416 Posts
Is the pain above your waist or below your waist and to the side?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Jules

I am sorry you are feeling so bad :(
I hope you have managed to get some professional advice. I would go to A&E with any mysterious severe pain especially in the body , that might be cardiac or inner organ related. Nobody here can possibly diagnose you even if they are health care professionals, nor can the members give reassurance that you needn't seek professional help.

NHS Direct is a wonderful service and you can be sure that if they advise you to go to A&E that is what you need to do. I know they err on the side of safety. I have had excellent experience of them too. I had a problem with my eyes one Boxing Day. It was a real pain following their recommendation to go to the local A&E as you can imagine. It was even more of a pain to be referred on to Ophthalmology 24/7 Emergency about £20 worth of minicab away but I was glad I had done it because I got complete reassurance that there was nothing needing urgent attention that it most likely wasn't serious what signs would indicate the need for further concern, and a through ophthalmo exam of my eyes re antimalarials into the bargain. If I had delayed and it had been something serious I would have reproached myself for ever more

Let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Many hugs
Clare

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Jules,
Please look at the side effects on your med sheets to make sure this is not one of those weird side effects. It may not be a side effect but it is a good place to start looking.

Have lifted anything heavy that would of caused this pain or reached to far in that direction? I think you can see where I am going with this. Look at everything and aliamate all that you can first. If it continues then I would put a call into my doctor and report it to them so they can start looking into what is going on.

I do hope that you start to feel better and find out what is going on soon. Please let us know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi ya everyone
Sorry for my late reply on this one, I have got a poorly little girl with Slapped Cheek Syndrome so I have not been the computer much today

I rang NHS Direct last night and had to wait for someone to ring back. I was advised to go the out of hours GP service but what with the time of night it was, the girls being in bed and hubby being out for a drink I decided to wait till this morning (Sunday)

Our OOHS doc is situated in the hospital now so I thought if anything was more wrong they would send me to A&E and by going to the OOHS service at least I got an appointment time Well the doc was pants to be honest and wanted put everything and everything down to Lupus right down to the weather!! This was not in a positive way and told me that if things did not settle to contact my own GP I still have the pain but I need to go and have the first of my weekly blood tests tomorrow so I will make an appointment to see the doc as we have book on the day appontments.

Onetay thank you so much for saying about the fact sheet about the new meds. I have looked for it but tonight cannot find it so I went online to look and found a different one. The other night my hubby accused me of being drunk the other night and it looks like it is a side effect that should be reported straight away, the problems of speech and co-ordination problems are clearly mentioned with the tablets info sheet but I cannot remember them being mention of the enlcosed leaflet but with how my brain is right now I should be suprised what is remembered and took in or not!!:)

So now just before I go to bed I am having a quick diet coke. Night, night everyone have sweet dream.

Elisaeth sorry I dispappeared from the chat room last night but my poorly little one needed me Hope we can catch again soon

Hugs to everyone
Jules
XX

1 - 11 of 11 Posts