The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Just recently met a different rheumy and talked with him for awhile. I think I'm really pleased and hopefully my lupus will be controlled. He answered a lot of my questions and took notes. The last rheumy didn't do anything like that and was only a 15 minute appointment and didn't give me treatment just because I was going to see another rheumy. So I think it was a good idea to switch my rheumy, but I will definitely know when I see him again in a month.

My lab tests seem to be negative for that clotting issue. But I'm still not quite sure about this so I guess I'll ask about this.

I am now on cellcept, a very small dosage. Just 500mg. He wants to start this slowly before increasing it. Does anyone know that just having 500mg a day will do anything? And I'm hoping it goes well. When I started Imuran, my white blood cells became nonexistent so I had to stop it. Has anyone started cellcept at such a small dosage? And how long does it boost in so it'll stop flares?

Thanks everyone.

Cinnia

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi I have no experience of cellcept, But I just wanted to wish you well with your new rheumy!!!

Take care

Deb x

·
4,445 Posts
Lovely to hear when somebody has had a more positive appointment..so pleased for you. Hope you notice lots of improvement.
Claire X

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Cinnia,

I'm pleased you have found someone with whom you have confidence.

I don't have any personal experience with Cellcept, but it's not uncommon to start that low and work your way up. He will no doubt be monitoring your full blood count and liver function carefully in order to give you the most benefit from the smallest possible dosage. If things go ok with bloods he will increase it if you aren't feeling enough benefit.

Many here do very well on Cellcept, I wish you good luck with it.

love
Lily

·
Registered
87 Posts
Cellcept

I started on a very low dose too and increased from there. And all I can say is Thank GOd for it!! It has been my lifesaver!! It may take some time to see results, as with other meds too, it was like 3 months before I saw any real results.

good luck!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. :)

I hope that cellcept kicks in soon so I don't have anymore flares. And I hope that the medication goes well. Imuran didn't work and sometimes I feel like a guinea pig. Right now, I have rashes, small little red ones but at least they're not painful this time. And one of my hands is a little weak and shaky. Was a little fatigue yesterday but I took a nap. Anyway, hope everyone else is feeling well!

Cinnia

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Cinnia,

I am glad to hear you found another rheumy.

My doctor started me on 500 mgs of Cell Cept also. He wanted to make sure I could tolerate the medication before increasing it. At the 4 week mark I started to see some results. Once the doctor felt confident I was doing ok on it he increased it to 1000.

Good luck. I hope your side effects are minimal.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.