The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i am quite new to the site and am waiting diagnosis of lupas seeing the rhumatologist on the 7th july but my gp is almost certain i have lupas as i have tested pos for ANA and have been having flare ups of fever and other stuff for 5 years now. I have been in alot of pain this weekend and its getting worse, its like a sharp pain in my side and around my back, its worse when i breath in and im a little worried about it as i have read so many articles about how to manage lupus and when to know to seek medical advice? My GP surgery is closed today and i don't know if i should go to the emergency dept as i don't know whats going on inside my body. But i don't want to waste their time and mine by sitting there all day waiting to see someone who most probably won't know what it is!! Just wondered if anyone could offer me any advice, have you had simular pain or these kind of symtoms. thankyou:(

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((nikki)))))))))) sorry you are in pain and it is getting worse :(

If I remember rightly you are already on an anti-inflammatory? If that's not helping and you don't have any Prednisone you could take to see if it helps I think it's wise to go to the ER. At least there they will be able to give you some adequate pain relief and diagnose the problem.

It could be pleuritis (inflammation of the lining of the lungs) and sometimes you can get fluid trapped in there and you will def need to be seen if that's the case. But I'm only guessing of course.

Even if it's not that you need to find out what it is and it's obviously distressing pain and not getting better :hug:

Good luck and do let us know how you get along.

love
Lily

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for the advice i;m not taking any meds now as my gp suggested i stop for a while until i see the rhumy but i have just taken my prednisolone to see if it helps, ill give it another day and if it doesn't help ill contact my GP in the morning. Thanks again:)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Nikki and welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry your having so much pain and I think if you find your still so bad after the prednisone then by all means reach out to your doctor for help. No need to suffer if you don't have to.

Keep us posted and possibly call the Rheumy doctor to see if your appointment can be moved up or ask your GP to make the call for you.

Good luck and let us know how you make out moving ahead.:wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts