The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I found your site while searching for some info on Lupus.
I am from Ontario, Canada and was diagnosed in 1987, back when all autoimmune diseases were "like AIDS" and you needed to have 11 of 18 classic symptoms to be diagnosed :eek: :wink2:
I'm a bit like a used car, still have some old parts, some working fine, some not so efficiently, running with some new parts, some borrowed parts and a bit of bond-O :lol:
Most days I'm happy to be on the right side of the daisies and keep trudging along periodically though I do fall into the woe is me thing when this ever changing disease decides to throw another curve ball.
Our local Lupus support group dissolved a few years back, common problem, not enough healthy and willing participants to run it....
I'm looking forward to visiting this site and seeing what other Lupies are doing.
JASJ

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hello
welcome to lupus site
im not yet diagnosed,thats must been very hard having to have 11 of 18 symptoms now i read its 4 in Uk.
nice to meet u countrylass

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello JASJ and :welcome:

I hope you enjoy being on the site. There are a lot of great people here and it is nice to share things when life's not so hot or, on the contrary, when something good happens.

There are no support groups where I live either - in fact there don't seem to be any at all in my half of the country! This site has been of great help to me and has become my outlet when needed.

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is a great place for info and support. I think we have a few members from canada. Try the chat room sometime!

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

Sorry for what brings you here but sure glad you found us.

Debatat is right, try the chat room sometime........we have fun in there.:wink2:

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Jasj,

Welcome to the site.

You are right this site has up to date information on lupus and caring members.

Dealing with lupus is a roller coaster ride of emotions. Many ups and downs.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the warm welcome's I'm looking forward to other Lupie's input into this wacky disease and it's twists and turns.....
Countrylass, I hope that they can give you a diagnosis be it lupus or whatever, it's a frustrating time when you know something is wrong and no one seems to be able to tell you what it is or what to do about it... Kudos to you for searching out information in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts