The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been looking at this site for a while now and find it very informative so have decided to join you all instead of sitting here worrying about things alone. I was diagnosed begining of May and undergoing treatment of Cyclphoside IV every 2weeks. Wondered if others are doing this treatment and what they think. I am also on steeroids and take hydocloroquine daily. My biggest worry is im not sure when my body is telling me theres something wrong as the steroids mask alot of things. I have two young children who are often sniffley and i am constantly worrid about infection especially swine flu. Has anyone with Lupas had this yet? i have been given a course of tamiflu early this month as i had a cold symptoms so the doctor gave me it as a precaution. Not sure if it did much good but maybe it would have been worse if i had not of taken it. Advise would be very welcomed x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Steffers and :welcome:

I'm afraid I can't answer either of your questions but just wanted to welcome you here :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy being here and find that the site is full of great information and support. We also have a chat room if ever you want to chat "live". Sometimes there's no-one in there but if you go in someone will usually come in and join you fairly quickly.

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Steffers,

Welcome to the site.:)

You can make sure everyone is washing their hands after they sneeze or blow their noses. Make sure everyone washes their hands after being gone. Just normal precautions that everyone should do.

When my kids were little, I always got what they had.

Try to get plenty of rest when you can. No need to worry about getting sick. Remember stress=pain and fatigue.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Steffers and welcome to the site. It can be a lot to take in at first when you are diagnosed with lupus. Thats why this site is so great, as there is so much info. The people are very friendly and supportive. It sounds as though you are being well treated for your lupus. Join us in chat sometime.

My son had swine flu a couple of weeks ago and none of the rest of the family caught it. We all regurarly wash our hands etc and I always wipe down door handles, light swithches, remotes, keyboards etc. I am bit obsessive about it!!!!:lol: It does help though. I always keep tissues handy, so if they sneeze they can catch it in a tissue.!

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thankyou all for your replies, I have been to the hospital today for an infusion of cycclo and asked a few questions. The doctors dont seem over concerned about the swine flu and think i should try not to worry so much about it. My white cells were good and thats good enough for them. They say that if i was to get flu like symptoms such as temp, sore throat aching sniffling etc should contact doctors even if unsure.

I feel a little better about things, im sure i will get used to spotting the signs in the future!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.