TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago. While I'm not thrilled, it explains a lot.

I'm a recent college graduate, and a brand new army wife also. (Among other things.) Job hunting in this economy has been a little stressful, and I'm also anticipating two dramatic moves in the next six months, (army) so if stress is a trigger... At any rate, support/empathy/people who function in spite of lupus would be really awesome.

-Elizabeth

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the board.:bigsmile::welcome:
Yes, stress is often a trigger for sle. Looking for a job would also be a stressor.

This board has people who are new to lupus, and those who have battled this for a long time. We are here to help with our experiences in surviving this not so welcome companion. The moderators also have a vast knowledge of sle and if they don't know an answer right away, they know where to go to find it.

So, welcome aboard,
Sally

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome Elizabeth :)

I am sorry about your diagnosis and that you have so much on your plate right now any one of which would be a challenge by itself. Congratulations on your marriage!
The majority of people who are living pretty normal lives with their lupus well controled do not post on forums so in a way a forum isn't truly representative. All the same you will I hope be heartened to realise how many quite severely ill cope wonderfully well.
The early days after diagnosis are extremely difficult with a variety of emotions to deal with most often a difficult mix of relief and fear. At the same time there's the business of finding the right medicines which can take time.

Most people find it easier to get to grips with their lupus by being well informed about it in general as well as how it is affecting them, so I advise getting test results and understanding the basis of the diagnosis. Some doctors are more helpfully chatty than others but we can help you a great deal to better understandings.

Since stress is a fact of life it is even more important to learn ways first to reduce it and deal with whatever is unavoidable. We can also learn how to keep ourselves as healthy as possible in a general way that can only help our lupus - looking at diet, exercise options, sun avoidance getting rest and relaxation and so on.

We'll help you all we can! :)

Bye for now

Clare

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

Welcome to the site. I think you will find it very informative. It is also a great place to come for support. The members here are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Congratulations on both your graduation and recent marriage. Those two things alone probably caused enough havoc in your life. Now with the job search and eventual moves you have a lot on your plate. I suggest just taking things one day at a time so it is not so overwhelming. Also try to fit in some rest periods when you can. Rest is very important when you have Lupus.

When you get a chance check out the chat room. It is a great place to meet fellow members and get some instant feedback for any questions you have. I hope to see you in there soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Elizabeth,
Hi and welcome to the site. The nice thing is we can go wherever you go lol. I am not sure what medicines you are on right now, but I would say that you should rest as much as you can before you stress starts. It is true that stress is a big trigger. As we all know stress is just a part of life like breathing air. The question is how to lessen it? This is one the each of us have to answer for ourselves and do what works for us wheather it be deep breathing or yoga, the answer is there we just have to want to find it. Ok, now that i have gotten that out of my system. If you listen to your body that is the best thing you can do, if your tired rest, if you don't feel good lay down for an hour. These are all things that will help to deal with the upcoming stress, it is the only thing that will get you throug it all. I do hope this helps some and I hope you are feeling well right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts