The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site and am seeking some support and understanding from people like me. I have had lupus for 30 years, but much of that time has seen me in good health in remission. My last flare was in 1999. I am sure I have commenced another flare, waiting to see the doctor (tomorrow) for confimation. Feeling very low and very sick of the pain
:sad:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lyn, but I am sorry to hear what brings you here. What an unpredictable and sneaky disease this is. I hope you are a seeing a rheumatologist so you can get the flare confirmed and started on helpful meds at once and hopefully get quick relief. I also hope there isn't anything new & really serious going on - make sure urine is tested.

This forum is a fantastic information resource in every respect and there are plenty of people who understand and have been through similar experiences.

I'll be keeping an eye out for you letting us know how you get on. It's not clear how up to date you are with lupus treatments. There are better treatment options in the past ten years.

Remember to make it quite clear to your doctors how badly your life is being affected with practical examples. We tend to underplay our difficulties but that can result in under medication and continuing unnecessary suffering.

Bye for now and the best of luck to you

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Lyn and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear that you are flaring right now. I hope the doctor can do something to ease things up a little for you.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Lyn, Try to think of this as an excellent opportunity to review your treatments.
Please take as much rest as you can,and welcome to the site.
x Lola

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Lyn, :wavey:

Just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the site. It sounds like you've coped very well with having lupus over the last 30 years.

Clare has given you excellent advice. I hope that you aren't heading for a flare and that you feel better soon. Please let us know how you get on.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Lyn,

It is nice to meet you. You have found a wonderful site full of caring members and great information on lupus.

Sorry you are flaring. (((Lyn)))

Please let us know how you do at the doctors office tomorrow.

:flowery:
Lyn

PS I like your name.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Dear Lyn

I am so sorry to hear you are flaring ((((hugs))))right now.I sure hope your doctor can get you feeling better real soon.
It sure is very encouraging to hear about someone having it for that long and i just hope you get feeling better soon(((hugs))).

Tammy:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the wonderful messages of support. I had my doctors visit this afternoon and she has put me on prednisilone - to try and help me over this hump/bump whatever! My rheum. visit isn't until May 23 or I may be lucky and get a cancellation earlier - I hope.:(

I feel a little lighter of spirit after reading all your replies, as this damn illness is surely an isolating experience and I already feel so much LESS isolated. Especially when you can look so well and feel so damn dreaful! As you all know.

I am in a bit of a rush (I know, not supposed to be doing that!), but have to take my son-in-law to the airport, so will post another reply later to let you know a bit more about my life with Lupus - (it hasn't been all bad - rather more good than bad over the long run).

HUGS to you all - till later.
Lyn :)

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Sorry to hear you aren't well right now Lyn. I too just wanted to wave and welcome you from the other side of the country (NSW) :) :getwell:

love
Lily

1 - 11 of 11 Posts