TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was diagnosed with Lupus in December and they have finally got it somewhat under control or at least I think they do. I can work full time again anyway. I have been reading through some of the post and they are very helpful they make you realize you really are not alone even if you feel like you are sometimes.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi M Girl, Welcome to the board.
You are lucky to have your lupus under control now. I hope you will find that, collectively, we have many decades of experience on how to survive with lupus. The moderators have a lot of experience themselves, and if they don't know an answer right away, they usually know how to find it.

Even if you have things controlled now, you can pick up hints on how to make your life easier thru summer. Sunscreen is an important thing to keep in mind. My favorite, when I was having very severe photo reaction was to keep a thick beach towel in my car. That way, if I was driving and needed to get out of the sun, I could drape it over my shoulder to the steering wheel and protect myself. This is just ONE little hint on survival.

Stay well,
Sally

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
My most sincere sympathy to you for the double diagnosis. One hint: PLEASE be very careful to keep your diabetes well managed. This double duo can be hard to manage, but please keep track of it. I've known a few people who didn't manage their diabetes carefully, and they ended up with more complications than the nondiabetic lupus people.

The one good thing about having this double duo is that the medical research has come so far in knowledge on how to keep your body well.

Rest when you must, take care of yourself, eat healthy meals, and work to keep your stress level low. On sunny days, plan to be out of the sun between 10 am and about 4 pm. Those hours are the highest exposure. I realize with children it is more difficult, but for your safety, try for those hours.

Something my doctor reminded me of years ago was that just because I had lupus, did not mean lupus had me. There is life in, with, and through lupus.
Sally

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome to the site and I'm glad to hear we've helped already by letting you see you're not alone ;) My dad was recently diagnosed with diabetes, and he drastically improved within a matter of a week with all his symptoms and his bloodwork was much better within a month. All of these diagnoses are adjustments we make, and then life goes on...

Welcome again and let us know if you have any specific questions we can help you with!

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. You are right you are not alone we are just a click away. I am glad to hear you feel your lupus is getting under control. I hope that you will join us in the chat room and share with us. I hope you are doing well and feeling well.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
A big welcome Mississippi girl from a New Jersey girl.

I am glad you found this forum. It has become a home away from home for me. A place where we can come for support, compassion and understanding from other people who really understand.

The folks here are knowledgeable and very helpful.

Join us in the chat room sometime and sure hope to get to know you better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts