The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI , im at the moment awaiting the result of blood tests , my gp. is 95% sure I have lupus . Feeling a bit confused by it all and would love to talk to someone who has a understanding of the illness

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi theere and welcome.
I just saw this very laye but just wanted to say welocme to the site. Sorry that you are most likely approaching a diagnosis of a lupus type disease. But you really have come to the best place for supprot and info. Everyone here os really supportive to one another and tgere are so many people who have a vast amount of knowledge about the illness and its affects.

I hope you are not feeling too bad and try not too worry too much.

Take Care

Cassie. :)

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Helen,

Sounds like you are on your way to getting a diagnoses.
It does take some time to adjust to the fact that you have a chronic illness. Many twists and turns of emotions you will experience.

What symptoms are you experiencing? The doctor that is testing you, is he a GP or a rheumatologist? You will need one that has experience with lupus. Not all rheumatologist know lupus.

Have a good look around. Post when you need to. The members here are very caring and supportive. Plus there is good information on lupus on the site.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
788 Posts
((((Welcome))))

Sad that you are being diagnosed with Lupus - with that said you have come to the right place.. I am fairly new too and these people are the best... :blush:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Helen and welcome to the site.

I am sure you will find great support and knowledge here.

I am sorry for what lies ahead and certainly hope you do not have Lupus but if you do then I suggest you stick around here. These people got me through some very hard times with compassion and understanding and I am thrilled I found this forum.

Join us in the chat room sometime and keep us posted as you move ahead.:wink2:

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. It is a great place to find info and support. Lupus can be very hard to diagnose and can take some time. Do you keep a symptom diary and take photos of any rashes etc? This can help to get youn diagnosed.

Take care

Deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts