The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new to the site. I have had lupus for about 2 years. Suffer from mostly skin and kidney problems. Look forward to meeting and sharing with others who have this disease.

Cjax

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Cjax,

Welcome to the Lupus Site.:welcome:
It is nice to meet you. The site is full of good information on lupus. The members are very helpful and caring.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Cjax, Welcome aboard!
You will find that the people who come here have a variety of lupus and "hangers-on" side conditions. The moderators are great too as they are very knowledgeable/ informed, and being from many nations have a lot of experiences to share.

In my opinion, the people who frequent here are some of the most empathetic and understanding people you can find.

I found the first few years after diagnosis to be among the hardest. Once I had gone thru flares a few years, I started to be able to predict the activity of disease easier. Then, it got easier to remember what was going on and how to deal with it.
May 2009 be a healing year for you
Sally

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from another Newbie

Hello Cjax,
I am new here too. From what I can see there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who want to help others. I have had another night of insomnia so i have been reading different posts. I am impressed with the medical knowledge and just the caring attitude for others that I see on this forum. I hope you find your niche here as I hope I do too..
Have Happy and Healthy New Year

Sophie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Insomniac

Thanks Lola,
Thats the truth! and prednisone doesn't help either. I have been on an increased does lately for another bout of costochondritis....and it always gives me insomnia.. but atleast I was able to read up about methotrexate on this forum. I wanted opinion of people who had actually taken it. And that is what I got, and I am glad to have found you all... Now to make my bones quit hurting so I can get some sleep I need a magic wand!!
Where is that fairy godmother when you need her? :lol:

Sophie

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Sophie Sweetheart, my Son is a professional Magician, we have a house full of Magic Wands in all shapes and sizes. Sadly. they don't do much for Lupus! If they did I would give us all one!
I get plenty of Entertainment from my Son though.

Methotrexate is good. It can be hard at first but I would hate to be without it.
I hope you sleep better tonight.
x Lola

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lola,
You sound so sweet yourself. I'll bet you really do enjoy your sons magic, that is wonderful!! Laughter is good for the soul...
All children have something magical to us mother's that we hold dear in our hearts.
Tonight I have a kind of pharmaceutical magic I am going to use as soon as I finish this note called Ambien... can't take the insomnia any more...going to sleep in the arms of Morphee.. sorry don't know what you call her in english..
Maybe I will even make it to church tomorrow!
Nighty night,

Sophie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts