TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

The diagnosis of SLE for me came in 2001; one year after I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis; and five years after being diagnosed with Graves disease.

I am married and have 2 cats and one precious little guinea pig (which is like taking care of a toddler!). My kids are grown and in their early 30's.

I keep busy by making jewelry, painting bisque angels and stenciling (Chinese) furniture made by my hubby, lead a group for Myasthenia Gravis, read, watch movies, write and whatever else moves me at the moment. This is how I stay out of trouble. :)

Two weeks ago, I went into a flare and was administered a "cocktail" injection of steroids and B12. I love my rheumy! I'm doing better now but it's not completely over with yet. I'm getting there!

Originally born in Michigan, I relocated to Florida in 1987. I still miss the snow at Christmas.

Probably should also mention here that after formal testing by my neuropsyche, the results revealed visual and auditory spatial dysfunction. So if you read anything I write here and find yourself scratching your head, just consider the source: My brain is throwing a tantrum and I'm ignoring it! :wink2:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You have found a great place to hang out for support and loads of information. Sorry about the other auto immune issues you deal with. Seems most of us have at least 2 things going on if not more.:mad::mad:

My sister lives in Florida, West Palm area. Are you East or West coast? Also have friends that live in Orlando, Ormand Beach, Cape Coral and another place called Zyphrilles (spelling???) The warm weather is lovely but I understand how you miss the snow and changing seasons.

I hope to get to know you better. Join us in the chat room sometime. Seems like your a night owl from the time of your post here. I am NOT so I will catch you when the sun is shining.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
467 Posts
greetings and salutation :wavesmile:

welcome to our lupy sandbox. there are alot of wonderful, supportive people here as well as a wealth of information.

i too am married (kinda) and i have three cats, soon to be two one cat is very old and isn't going to be around much longer. our kids are all grown as well. in their mid 20's.

i have had sle now for roughly 7 to 8 yrs. along with a sundry of other issues. most noticeably cns neuropothies. i am currently undergoing IViG infusion treatments which seem to helping along with my other meds.

so welcome...hope to hear more about you and your experiences, got a question, or need to vent you've come to the right place...just start typing.

:welcome:

take care
hugs and kisses

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I hope that you'll enjoy being here with us. There are a lot of great people here and also a lot of support and advice when you need it.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Don't worry about about those brain tantrum's, many of us have similar issues and we seem to still get the point.

You sound very creative. I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Do you sell your creations?

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Sleepingbeautie,

Welcome to the lupus site.:) It is nice to meet you.

I am from Iowa and I do enjoy the snow at Christmas.:shiver:

I hope you are soon out of your flare.

Take care,
Lyn

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. You sound like you are doing well with handing what is going on with you. I find it interesting that you have animals for kids now that is the same thing i do. I hope that you find the site helpful and friendly. There is a chat room to talk one on one with others and get instant feedback to questions you might have over time. I hope you are doing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts