TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the Lupus site. I was diagnosed with SLE when I was eight years old....22 years ago. It has been a roller coaster ride. My lupus is active and has been for the past 5 years. It still gets frustrating at times ... but being positive is key.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hello and welcome to The Lupus Site :welcome:

Lupus is such a frustrating disease, no argument there :sad: However staying positive as much as we can goes a long way to helping us get through it a little easier. It doesn't mean we don't face our share of challenges though, it's how we handle them that counts. And..........we are all allowed some times where it just helps to cry, rant and rave a little and get it out of our system.

You should make a lot of lupie friends here :) There is usually someone around day and night who can identify with your challenges or just to let you know you aren't alone, or someone to share a laugh (or cry) with.

I'm sorry to hear you have not been doing so well lately. You were diagnosed so young :grhug: and no doubt have seen many sides of this disease. Is your current med regime pretty good? Do you feel it's adequately controlling the disease?

Looking forward to getting to know you better :bigsmile:

love
Lily

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Newly diagnosed myself with SLE/APS, but have had various medical issues the past 10 years, and finally the jigsaw puzzle to explain all the problems I have had/having, are for me in place. I am sorry you were so young yourself when diagnosed, and I do agree, positivity is so key, though difficult when times are rough.

I am sorry your disease has been active for so long, you must be a very strong person indeed, and have found coping mechanisms that suit you.

This is the value of groups such as this, experience can help so many.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. You are right it can get to you at times if you let it and being positive never hurt anyone. It seems that you have been doing well with that positive thinking. I hope that you find the site helpful and informative as I have. If you ever need to chat just join us in there we have a blast in there sharing information and blowing off steam.

I hope you are doing as well as you can with your lupus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts