The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have systemic lupus erythematosus and fibromyalgia. I'm 40 yrs old and I have 2 boys 20 and 13 yr old. I don't know what the heck is going on with me. If the doctors tell me " Your doing fine". that's funny I dont feel fine.. I'm 5'4 my weigh is up to 186 im way over weight. Then my doctor say you should start to walk. ok. My blood pressure went up to 186. that sent me to the hospital in hurry. When I seen my doctor she told me I need more rest. ok So I had appointment to see my rheumatology he told me i need to take prednisone and plaquinil more thats how I got my weigh up so high. all these visit to the hospital they still can't tell me anything. all they been telling me I'm doing just fine. Anyway I went to my court hearing and my lawyer told me everything should be in your favor. July 2009 I was shut down. I found out my doctors did not support me.. :mad: Then my lawyer stated don't worried about it we will appeal it. I'm so worry that my lawyer will not come thru.. So if anybody know a good doctor in minneapoils area let me know Cassandra D

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Cassandra and welcome :)

I have moved your post here so that you get more replies than on someone else's thread :)

I'm sorry to hear that you have been so ill and having so many problems. I hope that things will look up for you soon and that, in the meantime, you'll feel you can share some of your worries here (Do remember though that internet forums are "public" so some details - I'm thinking of legal and work things here - are maybe best left out - It's easy for us to forget that).

It does sound like either your lupus is not sufficiently controlled and maybe your docs should be looking into something other than plaquenil and prednisolone (perhaps immunosuppressants which are usually preferred as they are "steroid-sparing" drugs) or something else might be going on too - I'm wondering here if your thryoid etc. has been checked recently?

Bye for now and hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Cassandra,

Sorry you are feeling so rotten now.:(

Yes, prednisone is a love/hate med that we take. We love how it makes us feel and we hate all the side effects.
Maybe your rhumey wanted to get you over the flare by having you take more pred.

I am on one of the steroid-sparing meds. I am on methotrexate which is suppose to help with the joint pain.

Oh and welcome to the lupus site. You have found the right place for good info on lupus and very caring members.

You could put a post in "find a doctor" section to see if anyone could recommend someone for you.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Cassandra,

You have been given good advice here.

I wanted to say welcome to the board and sure hope you get the health issues under control soon. Sorry your having such a tough time at the moment.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Cassandra, sorry you are having such a rough time. Lupus is a hard illness to cope with without other worries. Pred is surely a love/hate med. I hope they can get things under control for you soon. In the meantime, we are here for any questions or worries you may have.

Deb x

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there and welcome!!

I really eel for you that you are feeling do rough, but you've definately come to the right place.

A funny coincidence too.

I am a Cassandra although my user name is CAD ad I usually sign my messages as cassie! What a small world!!!

I hope things get better for you soon.

Good Luck and take care.

Cassie :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.