TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Tonya. I am 31 yrs old. I was diagonsed with (SLE) Lupus in Jan. 2009. Hoping to find some answers or at least people that know what I am going through.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Tonya and :welcome:

I think you'll find that the people here are very understanding of what you are going through as we have all been there ourselves and some are at a similar stage to yourself right now :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy being here and feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We also have a very friendly chat room where you can get to know some members "live".

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Everyone here can relate to you and what you deal with on a daily basis. I am sorry for your dx but sure glad you found us here. The people here are knowledgeable, supportive and have so much compassion too. You will love it here.

I assume you are treating with a Rheumy doctor? What meds have they placed you on and how do you think they are working to help you? I hope you are finding some relief.

Come join us in the chat room sometime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi KarolH,

I am seeing a Rheumy Dr. She has me on Plaquenil,Evoxac,prilosec and Aspirin. I have only noticed that my butterfly rash is gone. I am having horrible knee pain. I am going to a new Dr. next week. The one I have is 3 hrs from home and that is a hard drive to see her. They one I found is only 1 hr from home. I can't seem to find anything to help with the knee pain. It is absolutely horribele at times. The fatigue and headaches are really bad too.

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Tonya,

You have found the right place for people who understand about living with lupus. There is excellent information about lupus. The members are willing to share their experiences dealing with lupus.

Have you tried any NAIDS? (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) That could help with your knee and joint pain.

Lupus fatigue is a biggie that we all complain about. With that you need to learn to listen to your body. Pushing on will only result in more pain.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only NAIDS I have tirid are Aleeve and Ibuprofen..My Dr. had me on T3 and Lortab but I don't use those anymore. I am hoping this new Dr. will try something different or have more advice. I am wondering about the sun. I was told I had a very mild case of Lupus,but was also told to stay out of the sun. How big a deal is that?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Tonya

I had bad knees so painful and hot they told me to put ice packs in towels on them. Bit of a fuss but worked for me. Think u can buy cold sprays also.

You just need to rest up as much as possible

take care

dixy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Tonya

Welcome. I am new myself here too. I am sorry to read that you are suffering with your knees, I hope your doctors can assist you with this.

Regards the sun, I am currently going through what I now know to be a lupus flare, having had the most horrendous week. After speaking with both my GP and Rheumatology registrar, I went out in the sun last week, I did have a hat on plus shades, but in shorts and no sunscreen? I have since very strongly been advised to use total sun block and to as much as is possible avoid full sun.

They really pushed the point home, so yes I would say it is important, and all my readings so far, also give good warnings on Lupus and sun.

Hope you feel better soon.

·
11,405 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi Tonya,
Welcome to the site and in case you did not guess you hit the jackpot with people that know what you are going through. I do hope you will join us in the chat room sometime soon. We have a lot of fun in there and share a lot of information.

I hope you are feeling well and doing well with the lupus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts