The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI!
Ratherrun here and just found this site and wanted to say Hi!
I am from Canada near London Ontario and at the moment I am waiting test results to see if I have Lupus......I have fibromyalgia which was diagnosed at the age of 36 but am one of the lucky ones as I am still running 10km every other day and just finished a half marathon last September.
I am tired but mostly have the sleep disorder where I roam the night back and forth and at times resort to taking Sleep Ez to get to sleep!
No pain only on ocassion but had a flare up the other day but maybe it was due to this horrid weather we are having here. Not hot but cool and dreary and rainy most days.

For ayear I have had these red, raised itchy bumps on my chest and the doctor for the past year has been treating me with lamisil for a fungal infection which I am thinking this cream is not working and finally insisting on a derm ......it was not a fungus on my chest but precancerous cells and she thought too we might test for lupus.
I have had some hair loss and sometimes I wonder if I am seeing the butterfly mask but then maybe my eyes are playing tricks. I have pain im my thumbs and years ago had tingling in my hands and feet but all went away.

Soo my dear friends I will let you know in two or three weeks not sure what I have....but hoping I will continue to run and tomorrow off for a long 10km run.
55 years young and looking forwrd to maybe another half marathon but little tired at the moment!

gotta run,
ratherrun

hope to talk to some of you!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and :welcome:

It's nice to meet you and boy, just reading your post had me out of breath :lol: How do you do it??!!

I hope you get some answers and that you can be properly treated and keep running...

Bye for now,
Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the lupus site.

Wow, you are a runner. That takes a lot of training.
My son ran a half marathon a few months ago. I am in awe of your ability to still run.

Good luck with your tests and let us know how it goes.

Lyn

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for writing friends!

It is hard to keep running but I feel sooo much better!
Getting harder though.........concerned about Lupus though and time will tell!
I think the hardest think with Lupus and fibro is that it is internal.......I look fine on the outside but sound like a broken record as I am TIRED!!

I sometimes wish a group of us could get together with some wine of course and see if we could figure out this disease. With pizza to boot, i think within a year we would come up with a lot of things......dont you agree!

tah tah
ratherrun

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi ratherun and welcome to the site. You certainly sound very fit!!! I am glad you have found the site as it is very friendly and supportive. There is a wealth of knowledge about lupus.

Take care

Deb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.