The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both new to chat rooms and Lupus, I have had results from my GP who thinks I have some signs of Lupus, and waiting on an appointment with the consultant which may take up to 8 weeks, I was just searching the web for information and found this website.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rich

It's good that you have a proactive and sufficiently well informed GP to consider lupus and refer you for further investigations.
My advice is to read up the basics about lupus and how it is diagnosed, on the info site of the forum & including the two criteria lists pinned at the top of the not yet diagnosed section of the forum. The forum itself is a rich resource of experienced and informed advice as well as understanding support.

With information you will be better able to see if you are getting the correct testing and better able to dialogue with your doctors. Knowledge truly is empowering.

It's important to realise that lupus takes many shapes and forms. People are affected differently and with differing degrees of severity, so if you are reading up about it, don't assume you will be a worst case. Many cases of lupus are easily controlled when people get on the right medicines and after making whatever life style adaptations and changes are needed.

We also have a live chat room where it is pleasant to get to know people with similar concerns in a less formal and relaxed setting

Don't hesitate to ask any questions - we will help you all we can to get some answers and make a good start on the road to better health.

Bye for now :)
Clare

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Hi rich98,

Welcome to the Lupus Site. What symptoms do you have that sent you to the doctor in the first place? My lupus (and stuff) started with pain in one thumb and numbness tingling in the other hand. It progressed from there and by the time I was seen by a Rheumatologist I had pain in my hands, lower arms, face and more. I saw the Rheumatologist about 3.5 months after it all started. I continued working full time plus for many years taking only 4 medications most of that time.

Please feel free to ask questions. There is almost always another member who has experienced the same symptoms as you.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Rich, You have been given good advice. Remember some websites use out of date information so can be rather gloomy. They don't take account of advances in treatment in the last few years.
Welcome Here,
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts