The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Claire,

I first showed signs of Lupus in 1997 but I wasn't diagnosed until 2004 with Mild SLE, I started taking plaquenil a year ago. And now I've been told I have sticky blood and need to take a aspirin a day.

I've just signed up to the site today. The reason being I've had a flare up for the last two weeks and sick of family and friends feeling sorry for me. Its great that I have people who care around me but sometimes I just want to forget and not be asked every 5 minutes how I'm feeling. That's my moan over with:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there and :welcome:

Well, I will not ask you how you are but just say "HI!!!"

I hope your flare is really short lived. Has anything in particular brought it on or do you think it's a med problem or something like that?

OK, enough questions, speak soon,

Katharine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Katharine,

Thanks for the welcome and all questions are fine:)

Yes I do the know the reason for the flare up I'm been trying to buy a house and I really didn't understand how stressful that could be, the bad news is the house fell through on Saturday so the stress will continue for a while yet. As I keep telling myself life still goes on and if I put a smile on my face it never seems that bad.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Ah houses!!

Yes, that can be stressful. We have jsut decided that in the next two years or so we will have to find somewhere bigger than my lovely little cottage but I have warned hubby. I am not lifting a finger, I want no stress removal.

Luckily he agrees and believes that professionals are there to do a job so why not give them work...

I hope you find another house soon :)

Katharine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello

Hi Claire

Just wanted to say a quick hello... I know how exactly how you feel! I went through a phase where I spent time trying to convince people I was ill and now things have gone to the other extreme and feel I am spending all my time convincing them of what I'm perfectly capable of!

Sending you a hug and hope that you get the house situation sorted out soon so you can get things back on an even keel!

Lynette

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
HI Claire.

Yes that is stressful !

Just looking, trying to figure out finances, rates, mortgages, packing, deals, it is all a stressful situation.

Try to pamper yourself now and something else will come along. The way I look at it is that place was not meant for you. So what is will fall into your lap.

Hope you feel a little better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Clare

Welcome :)

Just wanted to say "Hello" and wish you good luck with your flare.

Also....house hunting.....sigh......currently doing the same thing and yes I totally agree the stress is just awful! :umm:

Time to take some good time for yourself and fingers crossed another home that you love will come available.

Take care

Lyn x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts