TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new to this site today. I have been experiencing problems since July 07 and have been seeing the Rheumo at St Georges hospital. He is not convinced I have Lupus as blood tests only show borderline - I am awaiting some more results of blood tests but the fatigue, joint pain especially when cold and don't forget the tingling and joint stiffness - is driving me crazy. Hopefully I will get a diagnosis some time soon. Next appt in 5 weeks.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Thompson and welcome :)

Getting a diagnosis for any auto-immmune disease can be a long journey. They are complex diseases and consultants don't diagnose lightly.

The main thing is that if symptoms continue, you know your body and know when things are not right. You just have to keep insisting and going back to the docs until you get answers.

Keep us posted on what happens and if there are any questions we can answer in the meantime we'll do our best,

Katharine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katherine
I have read a few messages and I can see that in most cases it took years for a dx. Not happy about that but as you say just keep insisting.
Sharon

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome: Thompson you will be made to feel that you can post on the site and someone will always reply to you when you go back to the rhumy make a note of all your symtoms and how you feel.Keep us posted Best Wishes Elisabeth

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Shaz,

Hope you will soon get some help with your symptoms even if giving them a name takes longer.
Anything we can do to help?
x Lola

1 - 5 of 5 Posts