The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Karen,

I see from your other post that you are getting the hang of it :)

Lots of people on here have never used forums before but you'll see that you learn quickly.

A big welcome here :)

Katharine

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Karen,
A big welcome to you.
I hope you enjoy coming here and get some good out of it. I 'm sure you will.

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome

Hi there Karen,

So sorry to hear you are struggling,you have def came to the right place,as this truely is a wonderful site.Without it i would have been in the loony bin.
Slowly but surely it is helping me to understand and accept this very confusing illness.

A very warm welcome to you.

Love Gwennie x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Karen :)

It does take a little time to learn how to use the board but you'll not have to give it a second thought sooner than you would believe possible. Getting onlline age 55 with no previous experience of PCs was a major transformation in my life in general but lupus wise I got the contact to find one of the world's best doctors and got my lupus under control after 26 years getting nowhere.

Some useful tips: bookmark the forum page- this is called favourites on some systems- so you can access it fast; look at the top of any page and you'll see a feature called new posts: by clicking on that you see all new posts, and if there have been responses to your own and so on.
You'll also see at the top right private messages under the welcome. This is a handy way of communicating between members. If you have any questions about using the boards please let me know.
It is best however to use the board for any questions about lupus because you will get a wider feed back and other people will be helped too.

You can contact a member and find their ( and your own) previous posts and any info about themselves that they have chosen to mention, by clicking on their name anywhere on the board which will take you to their profile.

Remember that this is a public board meaning anybody can read it. You can use it more anonymously if you wish by choosing a screenname as you see many people do. If there are other people in your household whom you'd rather didn't know about your posting here you should log in and out each time.
You can change your password to something you can easily remember and make other changes to your profile and user options by using the User CP at the top left of any page.
Let me know if you would like any further help using the board.
The chat room is a good way of getting to know each other on a less formal basis - I'll keep an eye out for you there.

:)
Bye for now !
Clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts