TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I am a female in my early 40's, and I am from the US. I am also a nurse.

I got sick several months ago, and during that time and since then, I have had a myriad of unusual symtoms. I had begun to suspect an auto-immune disorder, and I brought up the possibility to my doctor. He said we would continue to watch my symptoms and he would look into possible causes.

Subsequently, I went to an ENT for recurrant sores on my tongue and recurrant sore mouth. She asked me several questions, and with each one, I thought, "How would she know I have that?" She then told me that she felt the sores on my tongue were a symptom of a systemic auto-immune disorder, and suggested I see a rheumatologist.

I've been doing a bit of researching on my own, and it seems that the pattern of symptoms I am having fits the discription of lupus.

I joined this site to learn more, and to ultimately present what I have found to my doctor.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi KMS and welcome :)

I'm sure that you will find the site useful and a great source of information.
If you have any questions, we will do our best to answer them and help.

It would be very useful for you to take a look at the diagnostic criteria in the "not yet diagnosed" section of the board. That might help you to piece things together. Often, symptoms we never even thought of as having a link are important to the rheumatologist.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you for the suggestion. I posted a little synopsis of what has been going on with me in the "not diagnosed yet" column. I must admit I am somewhat frustrated.

ETA: I lost a job in March due to the symptoms I was having, and fatigue and not being able to keep up the pace. That is just not like me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome. My mom went through years and years of being misdiagnosed. She was even given hormone treatments by one doctor which messed her up completely. So, good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts