The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just been diagnosed with SLE, most people keep telling me how 'sorry' they are for me!!! Hub bie + kids have been really good, my family are practically doing a rota to 'look' after me when my hubbie goes away next weekend!! Feel a bit wierd still try to get my head around it all, thankfully this site has really helped.:wink2: :worried:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Jo and :welcome:

It can be all rather overwhelming at first :) but don't worry you will get more used to it with time. It sounds like you have a caring family which is great and should comfort you a lot even if you might end up wanting some peace and quiet if they are "watching over" you to that extent :lol:

How does your SLE affect you and what meds have you been started on?

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have via the forum and if you want to chat there is a great chat room here. If no-one is in there you can go in and wait a bit, someone usually comes along quite quickly.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Jo, and a very warm welcome to you and to this site. There is a lot of facts and info at the front of this site. And there is no question that you can't ask here, you will be amazed if you want to know something that you think is embarassing, and you ask it, you will get more posts back than you can count from Lupies that wonder the same thing. If you are just mad ,sad, or scared, just come here and post, we are here to help and support you, everyone is.
Have you started your meds? Tell us more about yourself.
Glad that youre here. Be well.:wink2:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Hi thanks for the replies, I have 1001 questions going around in my head. At the mo I am on 30/500mg co-codamal and 2 x 800mg brufen retart, had to laugh at name of that!!!!! waiting for appt to see rhumetologist, am keeoing a pain diary to take to him. Symptoms not to bad at mo, having a one of my better days, just one knee and hand painful. nice to know people out there that dont 'feel sorry' for me!!!:eek:hno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts