The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm 34 and I'm new to this web site. Ive had SLE and DLE for about 5 years now, not many people in my circle understand my condition. so pleased I found this chatroom as I know they will be others in my situation. I currently on Plaquenil and Nifidipine as well as pain killers. I find having this condition lonely as know really understands what it's like, and I get tired trying to explain. I try not too give into the tiredness.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Lou and :welcome:

I'm glad you have decided to join us here. I'm sure that you'll find people here on the site very supportive and knowledgeable.

The forum area of the site (this bit) is great for any questions you may have as we have a wide range of members all with their experience to share. It's the best place if you have anything specific you need answers to or if you need to "vent" (we all do from time to time).

There is also a chat room where you can chat "live" if you want to just chat and talk to people going through the same things as you. Sometimes there's no-one in there but if you go in and hang around a bit someone usually joins you pretty quickly.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Lou,

Welcome to the lupus site.:)

You won't feel alone here. The members are so caring and friendly. There is up to date information.

You said you don't try to give into the tiredness? I cant do that, doing that will only make it worse for me.:(

Have a good look around the site.:)

Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Thank you for joining us Lou.

Lupus is difficult to understand. Even our doctors don't understand what we go through on a daily basis. Like yourself I no longer expect others to "get it".

You will find this is a friendly group of people. It is very easy to share your woes and experiences. I hope to meet you in the chat room soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi LT,

Welcome to the forum. You are going to love it here and the support you will get from the members here is awesome. This place has become my home away from home so to speak.

I have learned so much from some very knowledgeable people on this board and I have so much appreciation for everyone here as this is the best place to hang out without being judged by anyone.

I hope to get to know you better. Come join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome LT. I am new here myself too, and the folk here are just lovely, very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable, some fantastic advice, and up to date knowledge within the forums.

I for one, do not feel so alone, since joining here.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Lou, welcome to the board. I agree with the previous posters that this site is a wonderful place to land.

It is hard for others, doctors included, to understand what exactly we are facing and dealing with. Having a supportive team of doctors is vital to our survival.
Take care of yourself with the increasing summer sun we get this time of year.
Sally

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Welcome to the site LouTob!!!

I hope we can be of help, ask away, chat away...we are here to listen and help!

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi Lou and welcome to the site. You will find a lot of people on here that understand and know just what you are talking about lol. I hope that you join us in chat sometime soon.

I hope that you are feeling well and doing well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.