TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am new to the site and just wanted to say hello :)
I had a positive test 3 months ago following a thrombophilia screen and found the site when I was finding out about SLE, I think it's great, very informative and helpful, I would like to thank all those who develop and maintain it. xx
I am due to have my next set of more specific results tomorrow to confirm the diagnosis but I think I already know the result, I was astonished at the number of symptoms I had and have continued to have.
I must admit I am a little aprehensive about what lies ahead, but by the same token I am relieved to feel that someone has actually said I have an illness that for some time has made me feel like a hypocondriac, always at the docs and always with similar symptoms. I was diagnosed about 6 years ago with Hypothyroidism and I would frequently go to see my GP for fatigue, pains in my joints and legs, migraine headaches that would last for days etc, etc.
If anyone would like to offer any advice on how they cope I would be very happy to hear from you. :) xx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Lill and welcome to the site :)

Your story is so similar to many here and I think we have all felt like hypochondriacs at times and many have even had it implied by others :(

The site is a wonderful source of support, advice and a good deal of laughter too.

People here have an implicit understanding of what it is like to live with a disease such a lupus and that gives us an outlet where we can share so many things.

We all cope in very different ways but, now that I have learnt to actually write about it, I find that just being able to share the frustration and worry here goes a long way to feeling a whole lot better.

Katharine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katherine, I appreciate your response and I know what you mean about the difference writing about it makes.
I have been feeling extremely low lately, largely due to being in pain and the notices I have posted and read have been a great help in making me feel that I am not on my own and that others really do undertand what it's like.
Thanks xxx :)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Lill,

Welcome to the board. I am from the US so I am not sure what kind of support groups there may be in the UK for support but it is worth checking into.

Please keep us posted when you get your results and good luck with that.

If you get a dx of anything quickly then you can get on medicine and feel better soon.

I am newly dx with Lupus just in June and this group of people are very supportive and knowledgeable too.

Stick around, I think you will like it here.....and nice to meet you.:wink2:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Lill and welcome!

Hope you're feeling well:)

You're spot on about this amazing site. Everyone is most definitely helpful, caring and thoughtful but to name a few.

I hope your results go well and that you get the answers that your looking for and that everything starts to make sense with them.

Take care

Mrs M:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts