The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed in May. It took about 2 years before anything showed up on the tests.In that time i felt just awfull 24/7. I was put on plaquenil which has helped tremendously. Over the Christmas holiday I really pushed myself for about 2 weeks and overdid it. Around Dec 28th I started feeling pretty awfull. Headaches ,occasional dizziness, a sore throat that shows up occasionally, more achy and fatigued then normal (for me). I'm assuming I propelled myself right into a flare. I'm just wondering on average how long they last? I know everyone's different etc ,but on average how long do yours last? I know I need to rest up more ,and I'm trying ,but I can't just stop my life. I'm self-employed and have to work. As for most of you ,I assume that life just doesn't stop for you either when you have a flare. How do you deal with it? Is there anything I should be doing? I guess I'm still learning how to pace myself and how to come to terms with the reality that yes,there is something wrong with me. I've always been very active and athletic.
thanks ,Kate

1 - 1 of 1 Posts