The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 2 years, I was diagnosed with Lupus. My story all started with a sinus surgery I never recuperated from in 2005. My ENT, Pulmonolgist (ended up hospitalized with pneumonia), and nephrologist (alway's have blood in my urine) all feel strongly that I also have some type of Vasculitis along with the Lupus. They are concerned it could be Wegener's Disease.

My Rhematologist says NO. I would be deathly ill. All 3 of my other doctors disagree and say that I could have a milder form.

I'm on Plaquenil and Mobic along with Premarin (hysterectomy in 1995) and Norvasc (high blood pressure since this all started). My Nephrologist has also put me back on Bactrim, indefinitely.

That's my story...the short version. LOL I seem to be doing OK now but am concerned why my Rheumy isn't in agreement with all the other doctors.

Just wondered if anyone knows about Wegener's.

Thanks!

Michelle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Michelle
Just typed Wegeners into Google to see what it is as I have SLE and Vasculitis. I am on Plaquenil, Prednisolone and inject Methotrexate along with other meds. These seem to be the meds that they give for Wegeners also.
Hope you get some results soon.
Love
Meryl

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

My Rheumatologist is considering starting me on Methotrexate. Waiting for more blood tests. Just find it interesting that's what the other doctors were also discussing but I guess she feels it's for the Lupus not the Wegener's. I'll keep you posted.

Hope your doing well.

Michelle :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi michelle

:welcome: to the forum :)

I'm sorry you are having some problems with your doctors :sad: I hope you get some answers soon,how frustrating for you!

I am sorry I have no knowledge of wegeners I just wanted to welcome you & wish you luck..I hope someone else can offer you some advice.

take care michelle
bye for now..karen x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts