The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed yesterday with SLE. The diagnosis was based on my symptoms and blood results from my G.P. I had a steroid injection there and then. Ive had bloods taken, chest xray, abdo scan, eye test and started taking Plaquenil - all this within 24hrs. Ive got to go back in two weeks for my results.

I went to my G.P. three weeks ago - my first visit to him in six years as I dont get ill!! He immediately thought autoimmune diesease and sent me for bloods. Im obviously very lucky to have a G.P. who is so on the ball.

I just want to thank the moderators and members of site for putting together such a wonderful resource. Ive learnt so much here over the last few weeks and am Im feeling really positive about the diagnosis.

Madwife

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Wow, that was a quick diagnosis and, as you say, a GP who is very on the ball :)

Is your GP also sending you to a rheumatologist?

Like you I never get ill :lol: what I mean by that is no colds, sore throats, coughs... but plenty of achy joints, fatigue, headaches and the list goes on!

hope to hear more from you soon,
Katharine

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my blood results back from my G.P. last week and I saw a rheumatologist yesterday. It was the rheumatologist who made the diagnosis.

:lol: Katharine - thats exactly right :lol: Yes migraine and this strange sun allergy but not ill!! that was until October when I got achy joints, raynauds, my strange sunallergy rash in the winter, fatigue etc,.

Madwife

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Madwife and :welcome:

It is quite overwhelming getting a diagnosis especially as everything for you has happened so fast. It sounds like you have been very lucky to have such a good doctor - there are people here that have waited years for a diagnosis and some that are still waiting.

The good thing is that you have started on the Plaquinel and you will now be closely monitored. You have a lot to feel positive about :foryou: and I'm glad the site has been so helpful. It really is a great place.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the last few weeks have been rather overwhelming - I feel like my feet havent touched the floor yet!! I know that I have been extremely lucky to get such a quick diagnosis.

I understand from my rheumatologist that I will be very closely monitored for this first year. Then the visits will be scheduled to meet my needs.

Madwife

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I am glad you are diagnosed and being helped. Do expect lots of funny emotions over the next few weeks though.Even when we expect diagnosis it can creep up and bite us.
x Lola

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Madwife and welcome

I'm in Kent too! Here you will find such support and information: if it hadn't been for the community I wouldn't know where to turn.

You've had a lot to take in in the last 24 hours so it will feel as if you are overwhelmed, which is perfectly natural. Don't be afraid to ask for any advice. I am sure you will get lots of help as I have had.

Hope you are having a more restful day.

Take care

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:)Hi Madwife, welcome to the greatest site for lupus that there is.We are all here to offer luv and opinions, help in any way that we can. We are here to support you anytime.
It will take you many, many, months to get your head wraped around the idea of Lupus, but we are here to help.
Glad to have you in our family, be well, and keep posting:rolleyes:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:welcome:Madwife you will get a lot of support on this site there is always someone to answer any questions that you have so hope to hear from you again Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou for the warm welcome. Still trying to get my head around this diagnosis but still feeling positive.

Im hoping to become a site regular and look forward to getting to know you all a bit more - especially the Kent people!!

Madwife

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi - really just wanted to say 'HI' as I'm a 'kent person!!'

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but at least you know what is causing your symptoms now. I hope you get some help from the treatment you have started.

I live near Folkestone - whereabouts are you?

Cathy x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts