The Lupus Forum banner

Newly diagnost

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Zef_Bashir-Tariq 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Diana and I recently found out I have Lupus. I't not new to me, my aunt has lived with it for more than 30 years. It took 20 years for it to affect her body in a serious way. It attacked her kidneys and they failed. 4 years ago I donated a kidney to her. How ironic that now I have the same disease that caused me to be a donor for my aunt. At first there was a lot of anger, shock, then just scared:mad: :eek: :worried:. I am still all of that but now I am trying to find acceptance :rolleyes: because I have kids I have to raise. So this is my story.

#2 ·
HI Diana,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. How is lupus affecting you at the moment?

You've come to a great source of information and support. I hope you like ie here:blush:

:welcome:

X C X

#4 ·
Hi Diana,

Welcome to the boards! I am sorry to hear what you and your aunt have been through.

Be assured that this is a fantastic site with a wealth of knowledge and support. Take your time to browse around the topics and feel free to post any queries you have.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

#5 ·
Hi Diana

Welcome to the Forum. My goodness, but what are the chances of this happening? Its quite incredible to think you donated a kidney to your aunt with Lupus only to discover some years later that you also have the disease. What a wonderful, incredible gesture on your part though.

I can only hope that your Lupus runs a relatively mild course and does not affect your organs. Everyone is different with their course of Lupus (as you probably know) but Im sure thats small comfort to you at the moment :hugbetter:

I know that you will find support and advice here on the board from many of the wonderful members here. Dont be afraid to ask any questions. How does your Lupus affect you at the moment?

I look forward to hearing more from you and a very big welcome again!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

#6 ·
Hi Diana and welcome :)

I'm really sorry to hear what brings you here. Even if you are "used to" the disease it's still an awful shock to find that you have it. I'm sure you certainly didn't expect that.

I have also been used to lupus as my Grandmother had it (great grandmother RA) and my Mum has dermatomyositis and lupus.

I hope you enjoy being here with us - if you see what I mean by enjoy :lol:

Katharine

#7 ·
:) Hi Diana, and a very warm welcome to this wonderful site. At the very front of this site, b/4 you come to the boards, there is a wealth of facts and info. I am very sorry about your Aunt, but maybe your case of lupus will be as kind to you for as long as hers was. I know that you are worried about your children, but I am sure all will work out somehow. We all are here to help and support everyone else,and there is no question that you can't ask. I look forward to hearing more about your life, children, lupus and dr, and yes we are nosey!!!! Welcome again, glad to have you here.:wink2:

#8 ·
Wow!! I really hope and pray for you and actually all of us on this site!! I am glad though that they caught it and hopefully will keep it from doing any damage to your own kidney. How kind and brave you were to donate your kidney you should feel very proud of yourself for being so kind and giving, now you and your Aunt will be able to use each other for support during the hard times. I know what you are saying about acceptance esp when you have kids, it breaks my heart to hear my son pray (hes 8) to help mommy with the lupus and make her feel better, I feel for you!! Children are also great motivators even though they don't understand comepletely

#10 ·
Hi Diana,

I am really sorry to hear of your situation. I have not been on this site for too long myself, but I can honestly say I am so glad I signed up. Like all the other replies posted to your thread, you get so much support and advice...... it makes all things a little easier.

I really do hope things get better for yourself and everyone else that is a member of this forum.

keep positive, i know its difficult right now, but you really need to stay in control...... it took me a while but it works.

Regards,

Zef x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.