The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi Jo, I am sorry that you are in so much pain right now.
I can't say that I have been there, but, I have been in that neighborhood. You're right, it does not help a headache.
I have sculliosis, and degenerative disc disease, a herniated disc between 2&3. The d.r I went to at the time(a Rheumy) sent me to see an orthapedic man. He was the only one that was honest with me. I had already seen a
plate full of dr.'s and zero. This dr. followed me and tested me for the better part of a yr, and finally gave me the answer. There was nothing that could be done with my neck at that time. That was about eight yrs ago,and all I have is a noisy cracking neck, that I pay no attention to. I
pray that I have not hurt you, but I don't lie to people. And
you always seem so happy around here. I really think it is something that you are going to have to live with. If I have hurt you, find me and hit me over the head--a lot.:(

·
Registered
484 Posts
:) Hi Jo, I understand why you are going to the dr.'s again tonite, you really, really hope that one of these times the pain pills will work. Only they wont. I ended us just saying that this is not worth all the hassel, no more, needles, meds patches, rubs nothing, I am just going to have to live with it, I am, it took about a yr. now it just makes a loud crack whenever I move it in any direction, or up and down.
And no, I can not hold my head up straight, I have becomesort of stooped over, but what can I do? If I stand in front of a mirror and try to stand perfectly straight, it hurts. And if you get that neck brace, you will hate it, it is hot, messes up your hair, very uncomfortable. But try. Thanks for those kind words, right back at ya, and will you let me know what happens when all is done? (((hugs))):wink2:

·
Registered
484 Posts
jo8, hi there, I am proud of you too, It takes a lot of gumption to stand your ground to a doctor, and You did it. Supergirl!!!!! Tell your hubby that he has a winner for a wife. Let the rest of the orthopedic dept. all take their turns looking, pooking, turning your head till you yell, taking more x-rays, and each will come up with his own theory.All I care about is that in the end, they find an answer. (hugs)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.