The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Debatat, I didn't want to hijack the other thread so here I am :)

I'm sad to say I haven't played footie for almost 7 months :(

But I haven't started the steroids yet so fingers crossed. The only problem I see now that could prevent me from playing is this blood which was found in my urine :( This is a real worry and I think I'll need to discuss this with my Rhumy first.

But please keep your fingers crossed for me :)

How is your son getting on? Hope he's knocking em in like Gerrrrrrrrraaaard :D

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi I am sorry that was my fault, I should have posted the question in another place. I apologise, not thinking clearly at moment, have a lot going on.

I am sorry you haven't played footie. Do you have long to wait till you see your rheumie?
If you are worried could you phone and get your appt brought forward? I hope things improve for you soon.

My son was doing okay, but returned from a week away with the school with the same malar rash that I have, swollen red joints, mouth ulcers and extreme fatigue. I looked at him and thought I was overeacting till my hubby said why has he got the same rash as you? Despite this I have to say, he played on Sunday and they won!!!! My son just lives for football!!!!

Let me know how you get on. Take care and sorry again for my wrong posting.

Deb

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Deb,

Sorry, I didn't realise your son also has SLE :( I thought he had something else. May I ask how old he is? But what a little star he must be to play through all the pain. I know I have been a right wimp since finding out about my illness... and I'm a lot lot lot older than him!

As for me. Well I saw my rhumy last week. She has put me on a 3 month course of Pred. I've been on them for a few days now. But see my other thread about this. I will be posting on there after this one :)

But regarding my footy - I am so out of shape right now that I just dont know when I'll get back to it (if at all :( :( ) But I will try my hardest to do so if my health improves. The blood in my urine last week, coupled with my lower back pain, has scared the day lights out of me.

But in the mean time, I think my joint aches are staring to go down a little so am hoping to get back into the pool soon :) Then hopefully a bit of light jogging :) Then need to strengthen my skinny boney arms :) Slowly slowly.

PS Who does your son support?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts