The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a doctors appointment today, and got a medical certificate to cancel my gym sub for a month (means I don't have to pay which is good). But, doc said more like three months you mean ...... well I plan to be back in the gym earlier than that, as I will really miss it. The people, the activity, the whole thing, I really enjoy it.

Oh well, I know even trying to get to the gym is insane at the moment, coz i am trying to be work as well as have all this treatment which is also pretty insane !

raglet

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Raglet,

It is so frustrating when the disease interferes with our daily lives. I feel badly that you have to give up something you really enjoy for the moment. I hope you get back quicker than the doc thinks you will.

Take care,
Karen

·
Administrator
10,202 Posts
Hi Raglet,

After my infusion I don't have the strength to do yoga. I usually take a month off and then work slowly back into it. I understand about missing more than just the exercise. Everyone in my class has bonded. Sometimes I will not feel like going but knowing I will see everyone else will be enough motivation.

Good luck with the rest of your treatments.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
With your will and determination, I imagine you'll be back sooner than 3 months. :) We have to give up too much sometimes - it's so hard. But the most important thing right now is to complete your treatment, rest and work . In that order in my opinion!

Take care...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Your determination doesn't surprise me! I pushed myself too much at the end of last year with going to the gym every day and could be paying for it now.

Not that I listen as I'm already planning on getting back to the gym and weekends away with family in the next couple of months.

At the mo dressing myself is as much as I can do without pain LOL!

Good luck to you!

Pam xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts