The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been prescribed SPF 60 sunscreen. I'm currently using L'Oreal SPF 50 (chemist said that UV Stat SPF 60 that I had been prescribed was being discontinued - is this true?) but I'm finding it very sticky and uncomfortable to wear - it makes my skin look very greasy and oily.

Has anyone found a good sunscreen that is light enough to wear daily without it being a pain? I'm suffering with photosensitivity (particulalr bad at the mo with the heat in the UK), but I'm resisiting applying sunscreen if I know I'm not going to be outside much, but I think I should.

BTW - I'm talking about sunscreen for your body. I've just discovered the Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 sunscreen for your face, which is conveniently also a make-up primer, thanks to this site and I'm giving that a try tomorrow!

Cheers,
Sarah

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Sarah

I think it is correct that spf 60 is no longer accepted. I am very pleased with Sunsense available on prescription, having tried very many over the years. I find it totally wearable not greasy at all. I do wear make up over it so if there is a slight sheen I guess I dont notice it but if it bothers you, you could always use a little transparent face powder or mineral makeup over it. The sunsense is also described as 60 but I get 50. A few more or less makes very little difference beyond spf30
It is the broad spectrum that matters - UVA as well as UVB -the SPF relates only to UVB. :)
Clare

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Clare!

I'll order it from the docs. I might try it on my face as well, but I do have greasy, spot-prone skin, so I'm going to stick to expensive Clinique for now... Got enough problems at the minute!

Sarah

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

My Dermy wants me on 70 SPF as I seem tobe getting more prone as well.

AVEENO®
Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray SPF 70 - is very nice for the body I haven't found it to be sticky at all if I give it time to dry well its a spray so easy to apply as well.

Neutrogena
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock Spf 70 - this is another great one its easier to get coupons for (I personally don't like the smell as much)

Neutrogena
Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock Spf 70 - This is a nice one too

Total Block
Total Block Cover-Up Spf 60 Tinted - This is expensive but I use it on my face an neck, I don't need a coverup and it gives me a nice healthy look, they have it in clear as well if the color is wrong

I have one of these, I love it...Chaney Chaney Uv Sensor

There is also a stick of Zinc Oxide that is clear - I think it's made by Bullfrog - its great to carry for lips, eyelids, ears and nose - I apply it over my rashes to add additional protection.

Stephanie

·
Registered
457 Posts
I aggree with Clare, I swear by Sunsense which i get on prescription:)

Rachel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.