The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...can someone explain this please...in black and white..:hehe:.....as i have circlular scaly disc shapes and the dermy called it this?......many thanks..jane

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Jane,
Sounds like ringworm which isnt a worm but a fungal thing. I had it once and it was scaley disc shaped patches. The doctor said it could be caught from an animal like a hampster. We did have one at the time. Mind you Im no expert so Im sure your dermatologist must know what shes talking about.
Just you saying scaley disc shaped made me think back.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Sal x

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi...we dont have any small furry animals im afraid....:lol:......but i have had cream..just in case it was a fungi thing...and its not ringworm either...it very odd though...:rolleyes:.....thanks jane

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jane,

From what little I have just read on my google search it sounds like the eczema equivalent to UCTD. In other words, it's a real type of eczema, but doesnt fit into a neat category like some of the eczema's do.

Hope this helps.

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Jane,

Did the dermy do a biopsy of it, or is the diagnosis based on looking at the rash with naked eyes?

X C X

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi...yes..biopsy was done....So would or could it be connected to lupus?.....that was all i wanted the dermy to find out....jane:)

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Jane, I would call the dr.'s office, the Dermy, and tell the nurse that you had seen him, he called it this, and now you are home and very worried and confused, as you don't understand what it means. Could she get him to explain it in simple english talk. Then there will be no doubt, and you can tell us all,? Go straight to the horses mouth for the right info. Let us know.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Jane,

I really don't know enough about biopsies to comment on the findings. But if this is indeed non-specific eczema then it has nothing to do with a Lupus rash, that would have distinctive features on biopsy. There is a type of eczema called nummular eczema which presents with disc shaped lesions.

Not knowing what biopsy tests he ran it's difficult to comment, it would be helpful for you to speak with him, do you have a follow up scheduled?

love
Lily

1 - 8 of 8 Posts