TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently searching for a new Dr. I'm a 28 y/o male diagnosed w/ Discoid around 4 years ago. I have a couple bald spots on my head that are not big fans of sunlight, however I spend a lot of my life outdoors and with Plaqunil (200mg) and wearing a hat (something I never did growing up) I get by pretty well, to the best of my knowledge. I don't get flare ups very often. Some Olux topical steroid knocks them out pretty fast and I can stretch a bottle 2 years just to show you how often I have to use it. My former Dr was a dermatologist who I don't feel really knew much about the disease, just looked at my bloodwork and prescribed plaquinil. So I guess I want a Dr who is more in the loop on lupus, har har! I see many people talking about Dr. Manzi at the Lupus Center of Excellence in Pittsburgh. It seems he is more rheumatologist though. I'm in Dover, Ohio an hour and a half from Cleveland and about the same from Pittsburgh. Not against going that far if the Dr. is worth it. Fortunately my case isn't as severe as many peoples so I'm not sure if most profound lupus doctors will see me because of that.

Sorry for the book and thanks for your help. I'm glad I discovered this site very useful information I've been finding!

·
Registered
152 Posts
There's a nice rheumatologist in Munroe Falls, Ohio named Nikita Hedge (Head-gay). She's super patient and answers all of my endless questions. 330-344-7820.

Good luck!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi, I am originally from 40 miles north of Pittsburg and have heard only good things about Dr. Manzi. Is there anyone at Cleveland Clinic that may be of help? Good Luck and keep us updated. Rosie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called Dr. Hedge, the only problem is she is out of my network (Aultcare). I called Aultcare and told them I have lupus and am looking for an in network Dr. they are going to send me a list but it sounds like it's geared towards rumatologists (spelling?). I don't have problems with joints and such, as my type of lupus is discoid and bald patches on the head. A number of rumy's I've talked to pass me on as they don't know much about my type of lupus. Any ideas, thoughts? Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts