The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mommyof1lilboy
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I too wanted to say I'm sorry as well as congrats on the lil one on the way :) I have had leg pain/ache since around age 8 which I thought were growing pains until I noticed them again as well as symptoms I encountered at age 15(which I thought were due to the depression i had at the time for 2 years after). I recently went to my dr and had bloodwork done. She is testing me for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and lymes disease that I know of. I go monday to get my blood test results. I also have a "smooth tongue" as she calls it which can indicate a vitamin deficiency or anemia. My symptoms include fatigue, weakness, shakiness, hot/cold chills, headache, nausea, joint pain/ache, chest pains and sometimes pain when breathing deeply, sweaty palms,pounding heartbeat, and cold/sometimes purple toes or hands, warmth feeling in my body and this last time earlier this week my arms felt half numb almost...like when your feet fall asleep. My fatigue is horrible and sleep is my only remedy as well as tylenol for pain. Even when I dont have an episode I notice joint pain throughout the day and at the end of the day i'm just ready to go to sleep no matter how long i slept the night before. Sorry for running on about my "crap" lol but I too have been frustrated because I feel like no one believes me because theres nothing on the outside that suggests me being sick. I never have fever or anything so it's frustrating. Just want you to know that you are not alone :) I too am a mother of a 1 yr old and know what its like to have to be there for them even when you are feeling like you could die. And if you want you can talk with me anytime. take care and keep posted on what's going on! i will keep you in my prayers :) god bless. -brittanee

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Brittanee,

Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post to a thread of your own so people can more easily welcome you here.

I'm sorry that you are unwell. It sounds like the GP is taking the first steps towards finding out what is wrong with you.

If any of the tests come back abnormal you will need to see a rheumatologist for further investigation.

Keep us updated wit how you are getting on, and feel free to post questions or whatever:blush:

X C X

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Brittanee,

Welcome to the site. I hope you fine some of the information useful.

I want to wish you luck with your appointment on Monday. Hopefully you will get a definite answer as to what is causing all your symptoms.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Welcome to the site but sorry for what brings you here. Hopefully your blood work will come back with something that helps in a diagnosis of some sort so that treatment can be started that will really help.

My daughter is now 3.5, but I remember how awful I felt when she was not quite 1 through age 2.5 or so. I felt like I was dying sometimes too... and felt bad about having to rely on my husband so much to watch her and help her with things. The good news is that I have improved somewhat than I was, and certainly we are ill a lot less often with all those kiddie germs too. And they get easier as they get older - now my daughter already will help me with some things like letting the dogs in from outside ;)

It does get better - may you find some good help soon.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hello Brittany, and welcome to this great site. Sorry about how you feel, but this is the right place to come and "vent". Everyone here is here to help and to support
everyone else. You are not going crazy, which is probably how you feel, we all did.
After all your tests come back, I would ask for a copy and then I would have your
GP give you a referral to be seen by a Rheumatologist, as he would be the kind of dr.
that would diagnose you. Write us back as soon as you get the results, smile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts