The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am disappointed & upset to be posting this. Over the last week my joint & muscle pain has returned. I had a cold prior to Xmas but it wasn't so bad. We went to Spain on the 28th & all was well until Jan 2nd, the day before we returned home.

I had a faint rash & problems with my mouth - ulcers, blood blisters etc. The day we flew home I had joint pain & hubby said I just didn't seem 'all there'. I haven't returned to work since.

The pain has increased & I'm just whacked out. I seem to have more joint involvement this time from my toes right up to my shoulders. I was sleeping 10 hours a night when we were away which is unusual as I'm a bad sleeper but I just thought I needed the rest. I'm also doing the weird brain fog thing with the fridge. Some of you may remember my posts of last year that I put strange things in the fridge like sanitary towels, phones etc. :hehe:

I've been so well since last May but was always scared the pain might return. I didn't realise how much pain I was in until it left me. Hubby thinks I've over done things all in with my job, family & going to the gym.

I've got a docs appointment to check things out & will go back for some accupuncture to help with the pain as I can't find any pain relief at the moment.

The other problem I had today was explaining to my boss - she is really good but I don't think she fully understands. I only told her about the joint pain as I felt anything else would be too much for her to comprehend over the phone.

Thanks for the vent guys.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
11,410 Posts
((((Pam))))

I am sorry you are in so much pain. I know it isn't easy to take. It is very disappointing after feeling so wonderful for a long time.

I hope your doc appointments go well and you get relief from all your pain.

I hope all goes well with your boss. Maybe she was shocked that you were feeling so rough.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Pam,

Sorry to hear your vacation had to end and you feel so poorly. I hope you find some relief soon.

Whenever I went on vacation when I was working I took a few extra days off after to recover. Just the change in activities, schedule and eating habits would throw my body out of whack. It didn't matter how careful I tried to be.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
612 Posts
(((Pam)))

I am sorry that you are feeling so bad. I am glad you made a doc appointment to check things out. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

BIG HUGS,
JEN

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Pam

Thats such a shame:hug: Its very frustrating just when we think things are trundling along nicely - then wham.... It might be a combination of the after effects of the cold or just simply doing more than your body can handle.

Im glad you have the doctors appointment to check things out. Its very difficult trying to explain to work when we are ill. 'Joint pain' just doesnt do it justice at times:hug:

If you are flaring maybe a short course of pred might get you back on track? It might be worth discussing this with your doctor.

I had a rotten period over the Christmas when two cold/cough viruses - one after the other - all but flattened me for the holidays. But Im glad to say that since late last week I am much recovered. I hope it doesnt last long for you.

In the meantime just sleep as much as you can. There's not much else you can do.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Oh Pam :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. it is soooo disappointing when we feel we've taken such a huge step back like that.

I really hope that you can find some relief from the acupuncture or the doc's appointment,

sending plenty of tender hugs and Belgian chocolates,
:grouphug2:
Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((pam))))

I am so sorry to hear you are flared..how disappointing for you :sad:

good luck with your appointment..I hope you settle soon,as lazylegs said sometimes it's the after effects of being away on holisday.
I have just been away myself & I too have been flared up since being back even though I was very sensible while away :sad:

get plenty of rest pam & I hope you feel better soon
big hugs to you :there:
take care..karen x
:love2:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pam,:hug:
I am truly sorry that you are feeling so bad after all you have been through. I think it is time for you, my friend to rest and get healthy before you take on anything else. I hope you can get relief for your pain soon, because there is no need for you to suffer.

I am sure your boss must know it is really bad for you not to be there, because you are such a great employee. Hang in there and try not to worry about it and as I am typing this I know it is probably impossible to not worry. There isn't a job out there that is worth your health though.:worried:

Please take it easy and keep us posted.

Lots of love,
Becca:love2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Pam

I am so sorry to hear about you being in so much pain((((hugs))).It is so hard for people that do not have lupus to understand fully what we are going through with the amount of pain we can be in at all.I just hope your boss is being very sympathetic to you as i know you must be a very hard worker with such a wonderful personality to ((((hugs))).I sure hope you can nip this flare in the bottom quickly for your sake.I will be thinking about you and hoping your doctor gives you just what you need to take care of you.(((hugs)))).Take good care of yourself:) .

Tammy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

Hi all,

Thank you so much all of you for the messages of support. I had a really good talk with the doctor today - the fact that I had a raging rash on my face was good thing...right?

He thinks I've had a viral infection which has triggered the flare and that it's not a serious relapse. He took blood and was as concerned as I was about the urine sample. He also picked up on blood, protein and WBC so he's sent the sample away for further testing.

He's prescribed anti-biotics (Cefalexin) and has also put me on Naproxen for pain relief. He's concerned that we've never really found the best solution to my pain. I've tried Lodine, Diclofenic and Indomethacin without success.

My face is an absolute mess and my mouth is full of lesions.....not tooo attractive. Hubby said I put him off his tea :lol:

I did try & post a pic but my laptop wouldn't let me. Am I that horrific? :rotfl:

I hope to be back at work on Monday but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again :foryou:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 144

Got pic to load - this is my awful tongue & you can see some of the facial rash.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,196 Posts
Hi Pam,

This was the best time for the doctor to see you. Maybe now more will be done to help you feel better. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Dear Pam

I am so sorry you are feeling so lousy.I am wondering if your tongue burns when you eat ketchups and soda and stuff.Well i just was wondering because i get things that look like bumps i guess on my tongue quite often and wow does it burn to eat or drink certain things.Well i sure hope your doctor can get you feeling much better real soon(((hugs))).Please let us know how the blood work comes out that he took.Please take care of yourself.

Tammy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for all the replies! :grhug:

I went back to work yesterday thinking I was ok & got sent home. My face was a mess & I struggled to get up & down the stairs. I could see people looking at me knowing something was wrong but not knowing what to say which I have to say I hated :tears:

My boss was great, I think I misunderstood the vibes I was getting from her. My doctors line was up yesterday so she told me to take some more time & she would say I was 'working from home'. I was also instructed to turn off my Blackberry .

It has really helped as all I've done is sleep & I mean sleep! I normally wake up a few times a night but I woke at 1pm today! I do feel a good bit better now the pressure is off. Fingers crossed.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
((((((pam))))))

I am sorry you are experiencing these problems :sad:

I am glad that your boss was understanding & you are now able to get plenty of rest!hopefully it will do you the world of good & you will be posting very soon telling us how great you feel :)

take good care,get plenty of rest & TLC
sending you some healing hugs :hug:
karen x

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pam,:hug:
I am sorry you are still feeling bad!!! I hope you start feeling better soon.
It is also good to hear that your boss is being so understanding.

Rest, relax and get plenty of tlc:)

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Pam

What a nice boss.

Sometimes it is useful to have some visible signs of illness when 'joint pain' doesn't cut it, isn't it?

I am sorry you are unwell, and hope everything comes under control soon.

Don't go back to work too soon, eh?

:love:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts