TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a message saying I have not posted in a while .So I thought I would write a quick post to let you all know I am not feeling well right now. I have had a lung infection since the end of November ,because of that lupus has flared too!:sad: . I am a mess :eek: I have been on 5 diffrent antibotics and IV 3 times .I have had plurisy they were going to drain the fluid but that has not been done . I will explain later (what a mess that has been)

I think the problem is they will not keep me on them long enough to clear it up . I went back to the Dr today (internal med.DR )I have not seen her but 1 time since this all started.So I updated her on everything .
She said I just need to come to her. I should learn after this to call her 1st.

I told her what I thought, that I need to stay on them strait for about 2 rounds of antibiotics . I explained to her about the lupus,the meds I take and that I have been on predison for over 5 years now . She agreed and that she understood and gave me a shot breathing treatment and put me on Biaxin 500mg 2x's a days for the next 21 days . I go back to see her next week to see how I am doing .

I can't get in to see the Rummy untill April 15 so she is going to call him and tell him what is going on to try and get me in sooner.

It is hard to type and think right now so I will post again when I feel better .

Hope you all are doing well ((((((((HUGS))))))))))

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi Hopefull,

I am so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I have had the pleurisy before and know how painful that is. It sounds like you have so much to deal with at once. I hope that the medications do you some good and that you can get into the rheumy soon. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better real soon.

Take care,
Lisa

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I just wanted to say, I'm sorry you have been feeling so bad. I hope that now at least you will have found the right doc to contact and that things will not go so far next time you have a problem.

sending loads of healing strengthening hugs
:hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I am glad that this doctor is going to help you now and hope that she can get you into the rhemo office sooner but at the least she can have a phone conference with him and make sure she is doing things right.

I find it very hard for my gp and my rhemo to communicate. They are in two different states and only a 45 minute driving distance between the two, but they both act like they are across the country from each other.

With fax machines and telephone and email, it should rather easy for these doctors to communicate.

I hope that you feel better soon and this approach helps you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Pam

Just sending love and ((((((hugs))))))) to you. Hope you improve quickly!

Judi xx

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Dear Sweet Lupie Twin:

I'm so glad that Dr. "C" listened to you...she's awesome!!! And, I know you've been so so sick. I forgot to ask you...did you ask her to check your IG levels? I hope that the Biaxin is starting to kick in and you're feeling better today. Will call you later, sweetie. Lots of hugs.

Love -- Susie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts