The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I haven't been able to post lately or read any posts.
My mom was in the hospital icu, then 1 week later in a rehab(nursing home).
I have been visiting her and helping her with her needs. showers and visits back and forth, laundry for her also. So please understand that i really haven't had time to use my computer. I am holding up okay. Hope all of you are okay and sending my hugs and kisses to all.
Florie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
take care of yourself

Hi florie

I am sorry to hear about your mom and sure hope for fast recovery also((((hugs))).I am glad you are holding up but you are going to wear yourself down trying to do so much.My gosh you are making me feel tired just reading it all.Please be careful and we most certianltly understandable not having time to post here.I sure wish you had someone to help you with all this.Please let us know how your mom is doing after everything and how you are also.

Tammy

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I"m back and am pulling through

Hi everyone,
It's been 1 month and 3 days since mom got sick. She is finally home and on lots of meds. She is getting home physical therapy and a nurse to check her and set up her meds. It was horrible for me with the back and forth and her complaints. She's not out of the woods yet, this last illness did her in. They can only give her steroids,and water pills. Her pulmonary dr. wants her to see a cardiologist.She has fluid around her lungs and i guess her heart is at risk.
since she came out of the nursing home she has been depressed and thinks she is going to die. she has put a number on me with her thoughts, and being miserable.
Today i went and got my hair done. Just to escape the scene of her. I look renewed :lol: I have to try to keep myself positive. I have called the scooter store to get her a power chair. It was approved by her insurance company and sometime next week they will come and do measurments so she can get through the door ways. I hope she will use it.
I am very tired and take my clonipan every afternoon and sleep for 2and a half hours. I missed my nap today cause i went to the hair dresser. so when i got home i only took a quarter of it. I am off to bed now .
I don't know what i will be up against tomorrow..... Thank god I have my fianc'e to help me. And Monday i have my therapist appt. That will help me.
Thank you for understanding why i don't have time on my computer.
hugs to all of you and take care of yourselves too.
Luv, Florie :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Florie,

I must have missed your original post. I'm sorry to hear that your Mum has been so ill and know exactly what it's like when somebody gets down about their health like that. Dad is still very ill and he's putting my poor Mum through living **** for the moment.

Try and take care of yourself. I think that's a lot easier said than done in cases like this...

Can anybody help you out at times so that you get to rest or are you still so worn out and on edge that even that doesn't work?

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Florie:)

Sorry to hear about your Mum and hope that she's doing much better.
Please look after yourself and it sounds like a great treat having your hair done:)

:grouphug2:

Let us know how your Mum's doing and both take care

Mrs M x

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Florie,

I am sorry to hear your Mom is so ill. Hopefully with time she will see more improvement.

Caregiving can really take a toll on the caregiver. You were right to take some time away and get your hair done. Looking good can always lift your spirits. You are going to need to find some other outlets to give yourself some breaks also. Does your mom have any friends that can come visit? That would give you some free time and help lift her spirits.

Good luck with the power chair. I tried to get my mom to use one and she refused. She gets along great with a rolling walker though.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi ((((((((((Florie))))))))))))),

Yes it has been a while since your have been online to chat. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Being a care giving can take a toll on anyone healthy and more so on people like us.

I'm glad to hear your fiancee is helping you.

I"m keeping you and your family in my prays.

stay strong
take care

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All and thank you for responding to my rough time.
Yes Sadiene thank god for my fianc'e for his help.
Lazylegs, I am hoping she will use that power chair too. She can be stubborn and has no patience. Well if she doesn't use it i am sure my grandkids will have fun with it :lol: :lol:
Mrs M getting my hair done made me feel better. It came out really nice too. can you believe my mom didn't even notice it when i came home . She is so out of it she thought i just got a cut and spent the day at my daughters. I told her i was at the hair dresser the whole time. Dying,foil wrap and cut. ;)
Lolalola, thanks for your concern for me and Katherine
Katherine, hope your dad gets well soon. I can understand what your mom is going through. I feel no matter what i do just doesn't please this women. I made it my routine that i take a nap every afternoon.
If i really want to go out for the evening i do have a couple that will stay with her. I just mentally can't handle her attitudes. It's like she expects all of this from me and doesn't even comment on how hard i work. That's why i go to a therapist every two weeks.

Well did all the food shopping for her today and the medicine pickup. I am preparing fish for her tonight and me and chip will order something.
Thanks to all my friends for understanding. Luv and hugs to all from me,
Florie

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mom's condition is getting worse

Hello all,
I hope you are all well. sorry i haven't been able to keep up with everyone on the site. Wanted to let you know i am still hanging on.
The scooter came, mom tried it out, then said put it in the garage for later on. I took my grandkids for a ride on it, can't see it going to waste. We had fun going up and down the street,then getting the mail out of the mail box. It's a great machine! Takes a little practice to get the hang of it. Looks like mom will be using it down the road.

I took Mom to see a cardiologist. Then the doctor sent us to the hospital for an echo gram and blood work. Her condition is not getting better and i am worried. On Tuesday she has to go for a cardiac catherization. Her lungs are so bad that there may be pressure on the heart. Her copd condition is severe, and now this heart thing. I am so depressed, and my anxiety is no better. I feel numb from it all.Thank God for my fianc'e Chip, he has been by my side through the get go. I know I am going to lose my Mom, she is a very sick women. I will let you all know what the test shows and the outcome of her diagnosis.

Oh and I found out it wasn't contac dermitits , the skin doc said it's psoriasis.
That's from stress.I wonder why :lol:
Luv and hugs, Florie

hugs to all of you, Florie

·
11,410 Posts
(((Florie)))

Please take care of yourself. I know how hard it is to take care of a love one.

I am sorry to hear that your mom is getting worse.:(
Do you have any siblings that can come and help you?

Sending you lots of hugs and prayers, Florie.
:hug:
Lyn

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Dear Forie,

I am so sorry, to hear that you and your mom are going through such a
difficult time.

I hope things get better for you very soon, Florie.

I am glad to hear, that your treating your self to getting your hair done, and taking naps daily. It is so important for you.

Take Good Care Friend,
Sandy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts