TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been asked to organise a Go Ape session for our workplace away day...which sucks because I am going to be the only person who can't take part!

I used to be very active and outdoorsy, and I had always wanted to do Go Ape...but now with the Lupus its not a good idea...I just have to watch the bags for three hours!

Oh well...

RM:sad: :cry:

·
Registered
279 Posts
roseanne

Life suck sometimes,:mad: at least you are out with your mates;)8) so enjoy their company.:p Perhaps next time u can join in if you feel better

tc dixy

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
euh, forgive my Belgianised ignorance, but what on earth is a "Go Ape" session??? The mind boggles :rotfl:

·
11,405 Posts
Does it have something to do with your work place? Where they do contests together to make a more unified group?:scratch:

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
My mind boggled too especially as I am a huge fan of Monkey World and love any programmes to do with primates. Some very strange scenarios came into mind. Or could it mean something like 'going postal' ? An unlikely bonding exercise unless it's a cunning way of reducing the workforce by unnatural drop out.

Hopefully 'drop out' will not occur if it is what I think

http://www.goape.co.uk/whats-it-all-about/can-you-go-ape

:)
Clare

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've been 'ape' before - its basically climbing trees for grown-ups :lol:. They have ropes and ladders and stuff, and you swing from tree to tree (screaming in my case, because I don't like heights:rotfl:)

An assault course in the tree tops is the best way I can describe it! :hehe:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Team building events?

You could always try organising some wheelchair basketball - they'd all have to work together and you might be able to join in just as well as them :rotfl:

·
11,405 Posts
Swinging from tree to tree?:eek: No thank you! I think I would croak if I would do something like that.:stretcher:
:faint:

Lyn:lol:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Looks like fun! I think it would just about do me in though :hehe::lol:

love
Lily

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Roseann,
Your finally getting to take part in it but maybe not the way you wanted, so make the most of what you get. Do the best that you can and I am sure that you will make it through it just fine. You have to make it fun and productive for yourself instead of focusing on what you can't do, manage to focus on the things that you can do.

It will be more fun for you to do that than think about now you have the chance and can't do this and that. I can watch the bags for 3 hours what else can I do? I am sure that you will make the most of it and have fun doing it. Let us know how it goes please. I hope that you are well and doing well also.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Roseann :wavey:

One of my friends went to a 'Go Ape' day out for her neices birthday and they all had a brilliant time, even those few who didn't take part. They said that they had such a laugh :lol: just watching everyone else making a fool of themselves.

Is there anyone else who you work with who will be able to sit with you whilst the others are doing the activities, if not can you take a friend with you so that you have someone to keep you company, i am sure you will enjoy yourself plus you won't be the one covered in bruises and feeling like you have been fighting with the apes the day after.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts