The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are due to see a group of friends at the weekend that we haven't seen for around 3 years. Because I look so pale and tired at the moment I thought I'd apply some fake tan to make me look a bit healthier. :wink2:

Let's just say that since taking the Tramadol the world is a much brighter place and I keep having these great ideas. :lol:

So I strip off and get on the rubber gloves to apply the tan. I get my legs, face and left side of me done.......I then go to do the right side and I can't because of the pain on the left side of my chest!!! DOH! I don't know why it didn't dawn on me as I kept saying I'll need to take it easy so I don't overstretch.

It would have been good if the penny had dropped before I'd done so much. So now I'm like a patchwork quilt with one side caked in St. Tropez and the other side is like a milk bottle. :rotfl::rotfl:

And I can't stop giggling about it (which also hurts!).:joke: Hubby has gone out and won't be back till late and I can just see his face when he sees me.

Just thought I'd share.......it tickled me.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
I can just picture it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh!!

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Pam that is so funny!

Its just the sort of thing i'd do, or have I :wink2:. Normally forget to wear the gloves :eek::hehe:.

I would wait till daylight to try and rectify the problem though!:lol:

Hope the pains go soon!

Lesley

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:pam!

It sounds like those Tramadol are just the ticket right now! :lol:

What a half-baked idea to end up with a half-baked tan! :hehe:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
hahahaha, I love it.

sounds like hubby is going to have a wee job on his hands applying the rest of the fake tan when he gets home .....

sometimes you just gotta laugh

raglet

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's due in anytime - could be a wee treat for him ;)

I'd post a pic but I quite like it here............:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh my gosh Pam:rotfl:now that is to funny but could be very frustrating.I would love to see your hubbys face :lol:.I take tramadol and hvae been for like two years but wow it never did that to me :rotfl:I sure hope hubby does apply the rst on you before the weekend.Enjoy yourslef you deserve it.

Tammy

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi Pam, that was so funny!:lol::lol: a couple of years ago i my niece was getting married and i went off to buy a pretty dress for the occasion. my legs were so white that i also bought a tanning cream, never used it before. i
applied it all over my legs and thought i looked good.

when i got home i looked at the back of my legs and they had streakes all over them you can tell i had put the tanning lotion on i mean it was caked on
it looked awful.:lol::lol:

gee i wonder what people we talking about in the next table.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl: Pam ...that's so funny! I hope your hubby managed to finish your tan for you.

I remember years ago when I tried one my friend recommended.I applied it in the afternoon and when I looked no different a couple of hours later I had the bright idea of applying another thick coat of it :rolleyes:....well by the end of the evening I was orange!! :eek: do you remember the tango advert? that's exactly how I looked! :lol: every time I went to the loo I looked more & more orange :hehe: I was so embarrassed I went home :blush:

have a lovely time with your friends pam!
love karen x

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
:lol::lol:Hi Pam what a laugh i had reading your post you never fail to give us a laugh at some point hope you get it right for your friends if not then they will be doing the same as the rest of us have hope you have a great weekend :rotfl: Elisabeth

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi threre,

I dont know if you know it or not but white skin is in... the milkier the better...:lol: So lose the tan and go as you.... I am sure you are beatiful withought having that on...
I hope your pain goes away soon...you should get hubby to take a photo o you first..:rotfl:

love
Penny

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought I'd post an update :hehe:

Hubby came in and almost screamed when he saw me :eek:. Unfortunatley we didn't get a chance to even out the tan however no one saw any difference from what I was wearing.

Turns out I wasn't the worst - one of the girls we met up with had opted to pay for a tan before the weekend. She explained how she had a set of 'spaniels ears' as she'd forgotten to lift her boobs and had also sat down after so had 2 splodges on her backside! How we howled with laughter :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Reckon she won................:lol:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Pam,
You sure do keep us laughing:rotfl:We like you here too!!!!!
I am sorry though that the pain is still so strong!!
I am glad you had fun and no one noticed.

Hugs,
Becca

1 - 13 of 13 Posts