TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week my consultant told me i have fibromyalgia,woh hoo,just wot i need anotherthing to worry about,still it stops me geting bored.have just gone to the library to find some books on this as i dont know anything and wasn,t given any info from the hospital.all i know is that i get a lot of pain in my legs and shoulders and get so tired i could weep[if i had the energy] most days i just get on with life but some days i get so down and so fed up of being tired that i end up binge eating and then i feel sick and guilty as well as tired and in pain.also get fed up of having to take a nap most days just so i can make it till bed time.then when i go bed i cant sleep.need to know im not alone as sometimes i feel very alone

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Red Dragon,

NO, your not alone. I think most of us deal with daily chronic pain, severe fatigue and naps in order to get through the day. I am sorry your feeling down but I am also glad that you listen when your body speaks loudly. This will hopefully keep you from a flare or getting sicker.

I find some days are better then others and on those days I take full advantage. On the bad days, I curl up with a good book and just remind myself that tomorrow is another day. It works for me.

I also take Provigil for fatigue and for me it has been a god send. I do hope you start to feel better but please dont be too hard on yourself.

One day at a time my friend.:wink2:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Red Dragon,
You are far from alone, to be honest you maybe the majority of the population at least on this site. It is nice to be the majority instead of the minority lol. I think I would do a google search for the information much faster and more up to date I would think as libraries often have limited funds for the lastest updated information. I too sometimes feel like an infant needing several naps a day to make it to bed time. We can only do one thing chin up and go day by day. Life has a plan for all of us and we just have to go with it and hope that it works out. We have the site and each other so I am sure we will all make it to be our best. I hope you start feeling better soon as I know that pain can be a pain lol.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Red dragon, what I will add is to say that fibro can improve. I also agree google is the best place to look. xxxP

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Red Dragon,

Here is a link for you about fibro.

http://www.uklupus.co.uk/fibro.html

I have more than one diagnoses. I just call them labels, because I have already been dealing with them, they just have a name. I know it is hard to keep getting told there is another thing wrong.

Maybe a visit with your rhumey is in order and tell him how you are coping at the moment. Maybe an adjustment of meds might help?

Take care and I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Thankyou for your support,it is good to know im not alone.did a very silly thing on saturday and moved something i shouldnt have and spent all day sun and mon in chronic pain with my back [it felt like someone was standing on me] then the last two days i have chronic fatigue,dont even have the energy to hold a book let alone read one. Had a talk with my children yest and they seemed to understand so have been getting a bit more help and understanding from them. All i have to do is get my husband to understand as we are struggling with bills and i had just started a part time job but havent been able to go this week so i dont think i will be able to keep this job for long. I sometimes feel a waste of space and as though i can't contribute anything to the family. And as i'm not very close to my family i have no-one to talk to who could understand how i feel, so this site has been a god send for me,so thanks again.;)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Red Dragon, Families can be a mixed blessing. We have no relatives and in some ways it is easier. I hope you have some good friends. Maybe this is the time to apply for DLA if you haven't already.

x Lola

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Red Dragon,

I hope your back starts to feel better soon.

I doubt your family thinks you are just taking up space. You are the glue that helps hold them all together. Remember you already have multiple jobs besides your part time job. You are a cook, laundress, maid, tutor, mistress, money manager, etc. Don't sell yourself short.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your support.am feeling a bit better at the moment no pain and only slight fatigue so must remember not to do to much and end up bad again.i agree that the library books can be abit out of date but this was the first information i got about FM. it was worth it as it explaned alot about what i,m going through,the symptoms , etc.Was glad to know that im normal,well as normal as i get.:p Has made me realise that i must put myself first and not feel guilty when i need to lie down and rest, and to ask for more help.Thanks for your support.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Red Dragon

I am sorry to hear you have fibro but hope you have a good doctor to help you find something to help you with the fibro.I also was diagnosed with fibro about 14 years ago and finally have it somewhat under control.I take cymbalta for it twice a day but i do know there are other things out there for it also.I am sure you will get a lot of support from everyone in here.

Tammy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts