TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think if you have Lupus you must love animals!! Tell me what you have.

I have a 4 year old Goldendoodle who is the love of my life!! His name is Casey. The child I never had and will never talk back and I dont have to send to university. He comforts me when I am in pain and warms my feet for me by laying his whole 90lbs on them when I am sitting. When I feel well, we go on long walks and play with other dogs. He is very understanding when I can't walk him and he reluctantly goes with my husband. He understands when I am wobbly and walks right by my side so I can grab on to him to steady myself. I wanted to use him as a therapy dog and go to visit people in hospital but unfortunately he didn't pass the exam...:( I still love him though and he is my on personal therapy dog!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, i love dogs, but recently lost my springer spaniel, due to old age. i had her from a pup untill she was 15 years old. i miss her (susie) so much. i have been off sick for 7 months now, and could really do with some company. my hubbie is not keen on another as i got so attatched. i no it sounds morbid but her ashes are in a box by the fire place. i keep meaning to go for a walk and scatter them, but cant bear to do it. i think if i had another dog it would be a jack russell. my sister in law has one and he is adorable, and makes me feel happy when he is around me.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
As you can see, Glen, my BC is a handsome chap. He is full of good humour and fun. He's only just over a year old now. He also knows when I'm not feeling to good and for a collie can be incredibly calm when he needs to.
He's just starting to learn agility, and I hope I can teach him as, at the moment my breathing problems are proving to be a bit of a problem but still...we're getting him used to all the obstacles and he loves every minute of it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
the one on the left is Shaq,, he is a bullmastiff,, he will be 4yrs old in june

the one on the right is Chakka, she is a 3yr old american bulldog mix.

These are my cuddle buddies... If i'm not feeling well they seem to know it before i do, cuz when i lay down,, both of them have to lay down with me. Thats an additional 160lbs,, another person basically.

when i have restless leg they pin me in the bed so i ca'nt move.

These are my babies :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
louise67;507759 said:
hi, i love dogs, but recently lost my springer spaniel, due to old age. i had her from a pup untill she was 15 years old. i miss her (susie) so much. i have been off sick for 7 months now, and could really do with some company. my hubbie is not keen on another as i got so attatched. i no it sounds morbid but her ashes are in a box by the fire place. i keep meaning to go for a walk and scatter them, but cant bear to do it. i think if i had another dog it would be a jack russell. my sister in law has one and he is adorable, and makes me feel happy when he is around me.
I am so sorry for your loss! It does make it hard when you raise them from a pup. I don't think there is anything wrong with keeping her ashes. You are luck you have access to another dog but keep working on you husband!! I love Jack Russells also but they have WAY too much energy for me!! LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Katharine;507763 said:
As you can see, Glen, my BC is a handsome chap. He is full of good humour and fun. He's only just over a year old now. He also knows when I'm not feeling to good and for a collie can be incredibly calm when he needs to.
He's just starting to learn agility, and I hope I can teach him as, at the moment my breathing problems are proving to be a bit of a problem but still...we're getting him used to all the obstacles and he loves every minute of it.
Glen is one of the dogs that I noticed and started this thread! What a beauty he is! He seems full of mischeif! We tried agility but I could not keep up with Casey. It is alot of fun. BC's seem to need a job to do so I am sure he will be great at it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sadieone;507768 said:
the one on the left is Shaq,, he is a bullmastiff,, he will be 4yrs old in june

the one on the right is Chakka, she is a 3yr old american bulldog mix.

These are my cuddle buddies... If i'm not feeling well they seem to know it before i do, cuz when i lay down,, both of them have to lay down with me. Thats an additional 160lbs,, another person basically.

when i have restless leg they pin me in the bed so i ca'nt move.

These are my babies :)
WOW, thats an awful lot of dog!! They are beautiful. I love those big strong breeds. I am so sad because Pitbulls and anything that looks like them (including Bullmastiffs) are banned from Toronto. In the right hands they are the most loyal and gentle dogs. My neighbour also has restless leg syndrome and he has a German Sheppard that does the exact same thing! Amazing

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
[No message]

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have two Newfoundland dogs, they would like to warm my feet for me by each one sitting on a foot... but weighing about 120 and 150 pounds each they would cut off blood supply (and have done just that!). However, they help me complete physical therapy every day by looking at me lovingly asking for a walk please, and brighten my spirits when I am down. I love the big dogs because I don't have to bend down to pet them, they just rest their chin on my chair's arm rests!

I have two cats for heating pad duty as well.

And 4 horses for weekend fun (3 miniatures and one full size in full retirement aged 24!). I drive one of the mini's, it's all I can manage as I'm not able to ride anymore & driving is fairly easy to manage if I'm not in an all out flare.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I love dogs..I have 3 :)
A basset hound called Doris, she is 7 years old and very overweight !
A dachshund called Stanley, he is 6 years old.
And a Jack Russel called Dolly and she is 1 years old.

I also have a cat called Kitty, 3 sons, 1 daughter....oh and 1 husband lol

Lov Sarah xx

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
This is my boyo - he's a Ridgeback and almost 12 years young. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old and he is my baby.

He too knows when I'm ill or upset and won't leave my side. He can be lying next to me in bed and hubby will shout him for his dinner but he won't go until I tell him it's ok. He doesn't like puddles though and is scared of cats and puppies :lol:

View attachment 168

View attachment 169

View attachment 170

And he won't go to sleep at night unless he is covered with his blanket........:yes:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
LoopyLoo;507802 said:
This is my boyo - he's a Ridgeback and almost 12 years young. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old and he is my baby.

He too knows when I'm ill or upset and won't leave my side. He can be lying next to me in bed and hubby will shout him for his dinner but he won't go until I tell him it's ok. He doesn't like puddles though and is scared of cats and puppies :lol:

I LOVE ridgebacks, and yours looks soooo cute! As well as everyone else's doggies.:dog: I love dogs, cats, the wild baby rabbits:bunny: that play on my patio, I am an avid bird watcher and like to test myself in identifying them by song, and with my bird book if they are new to me. To those who know me I tried to keep the boston terrier puppy but I got too sick, but I am always able to visit my sister who has an Australian Cattle Dog named MAC and a gray and white cat named Oliver, they are both very sweet. I also love horses and have all my life, there are several places I drive by just to see them. I have had two ferrets, a black Netherland's dwarf mix rabbit, some Australian Zebra finches, hamsters, and fish though not all at one time. I just hung a double sock goldfinch feeder and hope that they will soon be attracted to it and as always be very entertaining. I hope someday when I am more up to it to be able to get a pet that does not require a lot of effort on my part, although I will forever be a big dog lover. Thank you everyone for sharing your lovely companions!

·
11,405 Posts
I have a bichon frise. His name is Keebler.:wink2: He loves to cuddle and won't leave my side when I am sick. He will be 6 yrs. old in June.

He hates going to the vet and sits on my lap crying and shaking like a leaf. When we head in the exam room, he puts his brakes on and tries to go the opposite way. I have to pick him up every time. Last time the vet stood there laughing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
My Best Friends!

I have two dogs (or should I say, they have me!!), Pepper, a 5-year old Cairn Terrier, and Tasha, a 4-year old Lhasa Apso. They are such wonderful companions!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts