The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I glanced in the mirror and was shocked to see my face had developed a pale red rash on cheeks, nose and forehead. My wife said something about "nice butterfly rash". I looked like a non-existent Irish uncle after a very hard pub night. I guess I can now get rid of all denial about the SLE. By the way, nobody told me how irritating this thing can be!
Douglas+

·
11,409 Posts
Welcome to the club.:bigsmile:

You will get use to it in time. I find that mine gets brighter when I get hot or stressed out.

You now have a healthy glow according to the comments that people say to you.:hehe:

Hang in there.:)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Douglas

I am sorry to hear you have the rash but it is something we do have i guess like it or not.I did not have it right away on my face either but i did have it on my neck and chest to.Unfortunatley i do have it on my face now and most definately it is worse with stress or certain lights.It is what it is and it could be worse i guess.This is sad but i do not think to many people even know why i have this rash because not to many no about lupus anyway :sad:.

Tammy

·
The vortex of insanity!
154 Posts
I'm told that it's not as obvious to others as it is to me - my friend told me that because I was freaking out about it (teenage angst + bright red rash = DRAMA!)

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I have it on my chest and neck all the time, and on my face when I get over worked, over stressed, over tire, OK over anything!

At least I dont have to wear blusher anymore!

Stephanie

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Welcome, just try to look at it this way, "This too shall pass."
I have only had it very lightly on my upper chest, but I know that my turn is comming also. Act like you don't know it is there.
Do be well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry...

Sorry to hear about your face.

I too get it only on my chest and neck. I got it faintly two years ago on my face, but by the time I made it to the Rheumie, it wasn't strong enough for him to dx.

Although I am now being tx for SLE, it still has not "really" come on my face like others have shared. I wonder if it will remain like this (that would be a blessing not to get it on my face). But at times it seems like it's getting to that point. I will get one circular rash on my chin or forehead, but never the entire butterfly rash.

Does your rash itch?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the thoughts and comments. As to " Does your rash itch?" it actually feels exactly what I would think it would feel like if my face had been peeled by a hot knife or like a really really bad razor burn. In other words, nothing to get any great gobs of sympathy for.:) My wife wondered if I was describing what a lazer face treatment would feel like. If it is, those people I see in the news getting lazer work are totally nuts. As I write this it feels like a sunburn! Why didn't I think of that comparison earlier? Blame it on the LUPUS! (The stock market went down today; blame it on the Lupus. It was windy in Calgary today; blame it on the Lupus. My joints hurt; blame it on the ...... oh... that one really is Lupus.;))
Douglas+

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi.....hmmmm...when i saw rhuemy last week she said.."you seem to have a immune thing going on with your face!"....well you dont say?!!! as it was ..and still is very very red...cheeks..nose...forehead.....hence the referral to the dermy...jane:wink2:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:rotfl: Tom me too, I started to wonder when I hadnt seen the sun for days though and it still appeared :wink2:

I've always had it in the V of my neck too. In fact I'm very used to it now and I wonder what people are staring at (esp the neck - I lost a lot of pigmentation in a big circle there - verrrrrrrrrrrrry attractive :lol: ) I went to a friends today who had a visitor who was staring at my chest, I became quite uncomfortable with this and wondered if a part of my female anatomy had jumped out or something equally as mortifying. When I came home and looked in the mirror I realised how florid my neck rash was. Don't you wish they would just ask so we could at least educate them :p in Lupus!

It's a good club Douglas, you get to eat extra helpings of chocolate and ice-cream when you belong to this club :wink2: Got to agree with you on the sunburn feeling, when it first happened it felt like someone had aimed a blowtorch at my face :eek:

love
Lily

1 - 11 of 11 Posts