The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when things cannot get worse apart from the normal lupus stuff,pain, ankle injections of steriods now I have Myositis that is dermatomyositis. A overlap with lupus which causes muscle dengeneration. In bad cases death I do not know what is happening i just know i now have had enough and do not quite know how to cope these days. It is just a shock to the system anyway it is treated with steriods and imuran which i take for the lupus. so cannot do anymore except protect against the sun etc etc it is another form of autoimmune disorder so just another diagnosis for the book. Has anyone there got the same thing? Sorry this is negative I am in awful pain tonight and feeling a bit low
thanks for reading
Kezza

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses,
I was on plaquenil but it really mucked up my stomach so bad it gave me irritable bowel so then i went on methetrexate. that did not do too much except bring on mouth ulcers and nose ulcers so my rhuemy put me on Imuran I am also on pred now at 20mg tapering down from 30mg then when i get to 7.5mg i must stay on that for life. I am contacting for a referall to a physio at the hospital if i get that referall i do not have to pay for the visits. I also have a 2.4cm gallstone where my rhuemy is refering me onto a surgeon he said although it not botherig me now it will later and with the lupus and dm i prob better off having that removed the gallbladder that is. i also have private health insurance in a private hospital so will see a surgeon in feb thanks for your replies it is nice to know i am not alone ta
kerry
:wink2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.